• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Here's something else to make you jealous Nomed!

MegF.

That's for sale???
I took some photos of Surprise outdoors today too. She is rapidly becoming a favorite. She's lost some of her nasty attitude as she's gotten a little older. As the green has come in, she's developing white and yellow spotting along her body. I think she's gonna be a looker when she gets all changed.
5surprise524.jpg

9surprise524.jpg

surprise524.jpg

Wow...I wish you could come to my classroom with Surprise when I read the story "Verdi" to my students! I have no idea if they're the same type of snake (in fact, the author never really identifies the snake specifically, but I'm sure that you'd be able to tell by the info the author gives...), but they look alike! Very pretty! :)

Gorgeous as always! Surprise and Tempest I think are two of my favorites of yours, though Fuego (Or is it Feugo? I don't know, I can't spell. lol) is quite the looker too.

Jenn

Awwwh comonnnn why did you have to go and do that! ahahahhaha :)

I guess it is possible for me to be more jealous :] ahah

WOW she is an absolute stunner! :D deffitnally going to be an amazing looking adult! I bet she was a cute little baby too.

I would looovvveee one of these one day (one day as in a million years lol)

I think I should snakesit for you for maybe a week or so when you come back they all might have mysteriously dissapeared..... :grin01:

But yes, She is amazing. Just out of curiosity has she ever bit you at all?

Cegninedorf: Yes, it is the same species as Verdi (Morelia Viridis)-Green tree python.
Jenn: Yes it is Fuego. I'll have to get more pictures of him. He just shed and is getting more green.
Nomed: You're welcome to come snakesit while I go to Daytona....I'll be checking your pockets. She has bitten me and my husband and when we probed her....Aye Carumba! Thank God for leather gloves or my hubby would have been donating blood. She has struck at me plenty, hissed and puffed. She's a bit more civilized now though I still have to take her out on her perch and then let her crawl off.

yay! I wold really love to go to en expo or a show though, there is absolutely nothing around here. I figured their bite would be really badd lol!

Its nice shes being good for you though :D

off topic but Luna regurgitated, I just found the icky fuzzie out side of her papertowel roll :[ Poor girl must be more stressed then we thought. I kneewwww I should have given her a pinkie! :bang: :[[[ her temps and humidity were fine. The only thing that really could have caused it was stress but she seemed fine oh well back to square one. I just got Kade back to eating normal from a regurg. because his heat lamp was unplugged by my @$$ of a brother. So I guess I can do it again : such an annoying process. :cry:

No!!! How did I miss that!?? In this area?
Nomed: Sorry to hear about the regurge. make sure you wait 10 days or so before trying again with a very small pinky. Feed small for the next 3-4 feedings waiting at least a week in between. Keep the stress down. She'll be fine.

MegF. said:
Nomed: Sorry to hear about the regurge. make sure you wait 10 days or so before trying again with a very small pinky. Feed small for the next 3-4 feedings waiting at least a week in between. Keep the stress down. She'll be fine.

thats whatI did with Kade and he is perfectly back on track and being fed tommrow. Hes lost some weight though. :] I'm sure she will be alright :) My little sister was upset though because no handling aha

MegF. said:
I noticed the ATB in your sig. I'm trying to find an 07 cb garden phase, but am having a hard time finding a breeder that has any references to check. Do you or anyone you know have any babies? The high end colors are nice, but I really like the simplicity of the gardens.

I'll check around. Mike at Boa Kingdom (he's a member here too as you recall with the locality Okeetees that I bought from him) might know someone. He was quite heavily into keeping and breeding Amazon's for years and would probably have some good references for you. I'd stay away from the imports if possible. The cbb animals seem to have better temperaments and they are healthier. I'm sure you've seen the pictures of mine here. He's beautiful and very reasonably priced. Check out what Rolf still has available for really good prices. You might like some of them and he's excellent to do business with. He's located in San Francisco too which is not too far from you.
http://www.serpentespacifica.com/amazons.php

MegF. said:
I'll check around. Mike at Boa Kingdom (he's a member here too as you recall with the locality Okeetees that I bought from him) might know someone. He was quite heavily into keeping and breeding Amazon's for years and would probably have some good references for you. I'd stay away from the imports if possible. The cbb animals seem to have better temperaments and they are healthier. I'm sure you've seen the pictures of mine here. He's beautiful and very reasonably priced. Check out what Rolf still has available for really good prices. You might like some of them and he's excellent to do business with. He's located in San Francisco too which is not too far from you.
Thanks. I sent email to Rolf to see if he has any gardens or knows someone. San Francisco is only a two-hour drive from me, and I lived in the Bay Area most of my life. I appreciate the help :)

So far so good, thanks for asking. I've moved her to a larger custom built cage 36 X 24 X 24. I'm still being conservative on feeding as I'm paranoid as heck....she goes to the vet Thursday to visit the techs. They all want to take pictures of her :) She's quite the popular Diva! J: I e-mailed Mike to see if he knows of anyone or if has some. In the meantime: Here's a couple of pictures of Fuego I took the other day. He's getting quite a bit of green very quickly...especially for a biak.
Before: May
12fue512.jpg

Now: July
fue74.jpg

1fue74.jpg

Oh wow Meg, *wipes away drool* He looks better and better each time I see him! I just love that last picture the best too! He looks like a pencil topper! lol It looks like he's getting more blue too - around his spots.

Jenn

He is. A lot around the sides actually. More than expected for a Biak as well. Must be the PNG influence in him. He's really not following any of the rule books darn him :)

Thank you very much! He's a pretty cool animal. Getting more green every day, but I hope he keeps the black markings...time will tell.

Back