• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

To Petz, or not to Petz?

Eriathiel

Short and Sweet
Does anyone else own any of the Petz series? I just found my Dogz 5 CD and i'm debating about whether I want to put it on my new computer or not!

It was a fun game... :)

Years ago I had the one in the series that no-one really talked about, but could've been so much more successful.

ODDBALLZ! Just crazy little fictional creatures. A few years back I thought back to when I played years before and bought the CD for really cheap, and it brought back memories :) As I was a bit older I even made a few of my own breeds using a Hex Editor.

I was just saddened that it never really took off, I understand it being dwarfed by Catz and Dogz, but Babiez? Oh dear.

Petz

Wow I used to LOVE that game! When Dogz 5 came out I was so excited, because they could have litters and stuff. I think I bred German Shepherds or something...hmm...

Oddballz! That was awesome - Not from the same serious but I also liked Creatures. Babiez was ok... they were cute!

Oh yeah I had catz 5 and dogz 5 and a website and everything. I bred dalmations like crazy lol

Well I installed it... so we will see where this takes me... prob no where, just something to do when I'm bored! :) Real animals are so much better!

I liked Dogs, but I absolutely adored oddballz. I have it on my PC, though I've lost the registration code, so it's in Demo mode for now. I was also upset it didn't take off, it was awesome!

*blinks*

I never knew such a thing existed. I really need to crawl out of World of Warcraft from time to time, it seems.

Do they make one called Snakez? :grin01:

They should! There are Dogz, Catz, Horsez (which I believe is the newest), and Oddballz! :) Each is fun in its own way! I think you can get someone to hex a snake breed - for a while there hex breeds were really big!

I have Horsez on my computer!..It's pretty much the closest think I have to owning my own horse, but I haven't played it in a LONG time..lol..I play World of Warcraft but rarely..I'm usually playing "Star Wars Galexies"...but mostly I'm just here on this site..either that or playing with my game systems..preferably the PS3..hehehe..I"m such a game geek..lol :grin01:

Ya'll are making me feel old...I have never even heard of this game(I assume it's a PC game? :shrugs: ) until I opened this thread...

I too, find it funny that everyone who knows of it is right around the same age...I'm just sad that it makes me feel old... :cry: :grabbit:

Maize411 said:
I have Horsez on my computer!..It's pretty much the closest think I have to owning my own horse, but I haven't played it in a LONG time..lol..I play World of Warcraft but rarely..I'm usually playing "Star Wars Galexies"...but mostly I'm just here on this site..either that or playing with my game systems..preferably the PS3..hehehe..I"m such a game geek..lol :grin01:

Ewww...Galaxies. Props for sticking with it, though. I played it when it first came out, but just couldn't stay interested.

WoW = Pure ownage, though. I've played it since Beta (not that it's something to brag about) and I still love it.

Stick to Horses on the computer. VILE things in real life, imo. Hehe...

tyflier said:
Ya'll are making me feel old...I have never even heard of this game(I assume it's a PC game? :shrugs: ) until I opened this thread...

I too, find it funny that everyone who knows of it is right around the same age...I'm just sad that it makes me feel old... :cry: :grabbit:

Chris, man...age is a number. It rarely represents the person. :)

Hell, I could fairly say that 90% of the people I hang out with, party with, etc aren't too far off from your age (most are typically early 30's) and they're every bit as fun as my 'young' friends.

It's not how old you are, mang, it's how old you feel and act! :cool:

Matthew said:
Chris, man...age is a number. It rarely represents the person. :)

Hell, I could fairly say that 90% of the people I hang out with, party with, etc aren't too far off from your age (most are typically early 30's) and they're every bit as fun as my 'young' friends.

It's not how old you are, mang, it's how old you feel and act! :cool:
Well...I feel like I'm 60 and act like I'm 16...what does that make me? ;)

Maize, how is Horsez is it worth it? I was thinking about buying it but I wasn't sure - and don't worry tyflier - most people I know that are my age don't even know about it! :)And you def. arn't old, most of my friends are around your age.

I like the fact that it has a nice story line. I think it was pretty worth it..It's the only computer game based on horses that I have bought that was easy enough for me to actually progress through the game..So yea..to me it was worth it :0)

yep..there's a story...You play this girl who has joined this fine riding school which is on it's last limbs to stay open..and you become one of their best riders so you ride and compete to help them. I won't spoil it for you though..:0)

Back