• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake Names

pdrau

There was some discussion of snake naming in the Photo Gallery forum that I found quite amusing, so I thought I'd start a thread.

My daughter, Gabrielle, named her normal male Pumpkin. She said he looked like the colors of a pumpkin. Hehe, the logic of a 7 year old! When I brought home the new female Ghost, she instantly named her Princess.

Guess I'm a good daddy as I knew exactly what she would name each snake before she even said it.

What morphs do you have, what are their names, and how did you decide on their names?

This should be interesting!

Peter

Go check out the thread called "how many corns do you own?" in the Miscellaneous Issues section, you'll have fun.

I named mine

I have one 6 month old cornsnake normal red phase named nicky. i named him after my 15 year old cousin nick who taught me how to catch snakes.

nicky=nick

I am not a very creative person, so I just name them numbers
the first snake that I got is 1
second 2
so on. If I got more than 1 corn at a time I would just let the 'ladies first'
so my candy canes are my 5th and 6th corn so I just named the female candy cane 5 and male 6th.

But then at least it works........for me....hahah

Very funny Simon...Hopefully, I'll get to where I have that many corns to not bother with names.

changing

My 3yo nephew changes our cornsnkae's name every time he sheds :)
It started as:

climby-crawler

no-feet

Shelly

and now - Slimer

We've only had him since Christmas.
And I think he's running out of names already!

Patty

names...

hold on to your hats...
logan, luther, hector, katanga, barbara, copperfield, grant, helios, tempest, wyatt, steele, stratus, austin, cheyenne, trinity, phoenix, cressida, iris, ashton, narcissus, echo, chaos, anne, charlotte, emily, maria, cicero, ceres, demeter, aphrodite, venus, flare, pluto, persephone, adam, eve, lilith, nero, hera, sierra, and flagstaff.... the end.

Jim...Ok, now I'm drooling (from the pics you posted) and jealous of all the snakes you have!!!

a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet

Zoe, is my anery_A named for the new monster on sesame street
and Maisy is my okeetee named after the cartoon mouse on nickelodean... I want a charcoal or pewter or maybe a striped phase and for that one i like the name Mora/Maura which I think means power or something like that, I just like the sound of it,...
I'm trying not to buy a whole bunch of snakes, however thus far it's not looking good, I'll be that lady on the block with hundreds of snakes instead of cats :)

jim?!

flagstaff as in flagstaff arizona where four states meet at the over-priced tourist attraction where native americans sell their wares?...

I don't think that I can possibly think up of all these names for my babies.....told you guys/gals that I was not a creative person...
so numbers would be easier for me....:D

Well I only have one snake but if I get another one in June, I'll probably name her Aphrodite. I know, it's so cliche but I don't know. I like the name Damian but that's a male's name...maybe I'll name her Damian anyway.
I like names from classic novels or Greek myths or Shakespeare usually so maybe I'll get ideas from English class. We're reading Julius Caesar and Jane Eyre...

Jim, I love your snake names! Especially "Iris," what an excellent choice!;) ;)

!!!!!! Just after I posted this I noticed it said "very senior member" under my name. I didn't know there was anythingafter senior member. What's after this? Maybe "Ancient Senior Member" ?

Last edited:
names...

missy,
flagstaff is an arizona mountain king snake. thought it fitting. :) sierra is his mate. ---jim
iris,
thought you might like the name of my beautiful snow. :) very nice name huh??? lol ---jim
peter,
hopefully soon i'll be posting more pics to make you drool more. thanks for the compliment on our babies!!! ---jim

Names, and in the order I added them to my collection...

Hmm... my two Ball Pythons I named after classical composers.

Named my Cal King "Spot" after Data's cat, and because it's a "dog" name. He also has a spot on his head. :)

Then my first corn (a snow) I named Pinky. The next two of course had to be named "The Brain" (which has mutated into "Brainy") and Floyd. (Floyd turned out to be a female.)

Got a male who's a really aggressive breeder, named him Brutus.

Picked up a pretty Amel with the V pattern on his head. Vic sounded good.

My first to hatch is named Picabu. One is kinked, named Kinky.

Another clutch of 8 in 2000 produced two other keepers, Rover (dog name) and "Seven of Eight."

Got a bloodred female: Mary. ;)

My Charcoal Ghost needed an "original" name: Casper. About as original as "Pinky" is for a snow corn. My Okeetee is a really hyped up biter. Called her Sprite. Went with another dog name for my Hypo, Fido.

For my keeper from last year, I went with "Flake" as in, "this is my corn, Flake." :)

Still need to add Spike, Rex, and some more dog names. ;) If I ever cannot name them, and recognize them by name, I have too many. Heh, I have a good memory. ;)

names...

simon,
how do you plan on naming your snakes when you run out of fingers and toes???? hahah... j/k ---jim

Help!!! OH NO!

In getting ready for my baby snake in June, I forgot the name:( I have always had to wait for my pets to get here before I name them anyway, so I guess I will just have to wait to see its personality! Boy the month of May is going soooo slow! I did get my Cornsnake Manual yesterday! So on this rainy day, I will be reading, learning, and neglecting my housework!!!! :) Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

jim,

well actually I am starting to get confused about which one is which now.......so I actually wrote numbers on their tubs to help identifiy them better.....told you that I was getting old....hahahah

Back