• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got Milk?

Cflaguy

Old School Snakeman
Lisa wanted to get rid of the Box Turtle and the Leopard Tortoise because of the new baby and disease. I reluctantly went down there to donate them. And I spotted this little fellow and quickly did some Yankee trading. One day I'll have better pics of him but he wouldn't hold still and my photography is not up to par. (Where are you Joe and Kate?)

Attachments

• Milk I.jpg
    Milk I.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 98
  • milk III.jpg
    milk III.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 98
  • milk head.jpg
    milk head.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 98
  • milk IV.jpg
    milk IV.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 99
You got me, I thought you were already babysitting and couldn't figure out how to feed the baby. susan

You gotta watch me ...

Susan, I'm a knucklehead and jokester.
He is a great snake and I'm very happy with him.
She is also trying to get me to release this old Five-lined Skink. But I like him to much as a bonus, he came out today and posed as I was preparing the Milk's viv.

Attachments

• Skink I.jpg
    Skink I.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 97
  • skink II.jpg
    skink II.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 97
susang said:
You got me, I thought you were already babysitting and couldn't figure out how to feed the baby. susan
:grin01: Susan
I thought i was gonna see a snake staring at a cookie... :grin01:
That skink is a cutie Cflaguy i'm glad you kept him and shared his pic.

Thanx Msterry....

he is something else. He goes through some crickets I'll tell ya that.

Is that the one that is also sometimes refered to as a Coastal Plains Milksnake? Looks like it to me - but what do I know? :shrugs:

ArpeggioAngel said:
Is that the one that is also sometimes refered to as a Coastal Plains Milksnake? Looks like it to me - but what do I know? :shrugs:
No, the Coastal Plains was once referred to as temporalis and is actually an intergrade between the Eastern Milk and the Scarlet King.
It is still availabel in the hobby as temporalis , but that name is not recognized by science any more. :wavey:

It was sold as an Eastern...

I met the guy who sold them to Reptile Shack. He is new to these parts and I will for one welcome him.
He said it is selective breeding among his Easterns. He also sold to the RS a beautiful Honduran, Peublan, Gray-Banded King with a funky pattern and some striped Calis both black/white and Chocolate.
Thanx to whoever moved this thread. I can't believe I did that. Perhaps my 1 and 4 A.M. dates with Kenzie have me a bit slow.
BTW here is an Eastern pic I found on the internet, similar.

Attachments

• Emilk.jpg
    Emilk.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 22
Cflaguy said:
Thanx to whoever moved this thread. I can't believe I did that. Perhaps my 1 and 4 A.M. dates with Kenzie have me a bit slow.
BTW here is an Eastern pic I found on the internet, similar.
You're welcome! :grin01:
Your milk is way too red to be an Eastern IMO.
Nice pickup Craig! :cheers:

Most of the Easterns...

well the two I remember catching in the Pine Barens of Jersey you swear were corns if you didn't know any better. They look like they came right of the Audubon Field Guide. This guy said it was selective breeding among his stock of Easterns. But he couldn't really give a history of the lineage.
In any case he is a good lookin snake and a keeper.

Cflaguy said:
well the two I remember catching in the Pine Barens of Jersey you swear were corns if you didn't know any better. They look like they came right of the Audubon Field Guide. This guy said it was selective breeding among his stock of Easterns. But he couldn't really give a history of the lineage.
In any case he is a good lookin snake and a keeper.
No argument there!
I love the looks of the Eastern, Red, and Louisiana Milks.
But just for the heck of it, let's see what my pal Ron Markel has to say.

Red Milk first, followed by the Eastern

Last edited:
Looks more and more....

like the Red. I'm thinking of bringing him to the Expo so Katie or Joe can snap a few good pics.

Back