• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hooded snakes

terry fielder

are there any non-poisonous hooded snakes that i can get as a pet in the UK because i would love 1:shrugs:

Last edited:
Water Cobra, altho if I remember correctly, they are not beginner snakes, quite difficult to keep. But dont quote me, was a long time ago I read about them.

Hognose snakes flatten their necks like a hood, but they dont rear up which Im assuming is what you mean.

Hope it helped!

re hood poisonous

why does it have to have a hood? if u want a pseudo cobra u can get a false water cobra lots of people like them because they got cobra in thier name and they got a little bitty hood, they never stop asking or talking about thier little fangs and how quick they kill a moose.

Eastern Hognose?

Attachments

• Addy 057cr600.jpg
    Addy 057cr600.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Addy 066cr600r.jpg
    Addy 066cr600r.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 73
Hypancistrus said:
How can it kill a moose if it is non-venomous? :eek1:

its an ophistoglyph, a rear fanged non dwa species popular among wannabe hot keepers

thier easy to keep just messy, reasonably big 6/7ft ish, theres a hypo line but not very pretty, thier angry eaters never seen a snake attack a dead mouse like fwc's, best kept seperately, very easy to breed, can become quite tame if u put the effort in. will eat anything not fussy, big babies another commom name is the brazilian smooth snake, oh and they like to lay in a big water tub when thier warm, and they poo like an indigo.

Edward.

i just think the hoods are cool, i will look in to a Eastern Hognose but itll be a long time till i have the money for one

thanks guys n girls

If you find an Eastern hoggy, make sure it is eating mice! Addy is just the sweetest snake ever. I've had her about a year, and she still hisses very loudly and hoods up and stands up like a cobra (because she's a scaredy-snake). She would _never_ bite. She has taken a couple blind closed-mouth strikes at me, though, now that I am treating that painful abcess. Who can blame her. She's such a baby- she watched Snakes On A Plane with me and was so scared by the thunderstorm she had to hide her head!

Nanci

i move in to my own flat in a few weeks so then ill try a save for a Eastern Hognose are there diffrent types like corns if so so me pics if you have any

regards terry

They aren't very popular, so good luck. They come in several variations of normal- black and tan or grey patterned with either yellow or red or green accents under the jaw and maybe more. I _think_ there's a leucistic wild-caught being raised now. Also solid black is very common.

Nanci

Back