• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New acquisition (squishy!)

snakedancer

sweet land of lizardy
So I went to the All-Cleveland Reptile Show today to sell some of my baby corns to vendors. The first table I went to bought all of the 9 snakes I took and I got $70 dollars out of it (2 were nonfeeders) so I had enough money to buy another snake. My mom and I were walking around and we saw a rosy boa baby for $60 and I had done research on them because I was planning on getting one for my sixteenth birthday (a while away, I know) and I had extra stuff for it at home, he just needed a water dish.

Here's Abu -

Attachments

• 100_0861.jpg
    100_0861.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0862.jpg
    100_0862.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0864.jpg
    100_0864.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 100
Ooh, congratulations!! If I was going to get another snake- that's number one on my list right now. Do you know what locality he is? What's his name??

Nanci

I love rosys. He's beautiful. He's so bright and clean that he almost looks hypo. It would be cool if you could contact the breeder and find out the locality. Trying to determine locality by looks isn't always easy. I did a quick search around and yours looks like about 8 different locality rosys. And the locality descriptions and photos seem to vary a lot from site to site...

Congrats on a great pick-up! :cheers:

Thanks! I know I was just looking at these sites and he looked like a lot of the snakes on there... :shrugs:

Hmmm, I held one at a show, even though I tried to resist, and it was love at first sight. I think I even made Katie go hold him.

Nanci

Checkerbelly said:
He looks great. I held one of those at a show and it tried to eat my thumb.
Thanks and my mom asked the salesguy if I could hold him and the man just opened his container thing and dropped him in my hand and the snake was a total angel so we decided we would get him. (My mom said that the rule was, if he was a brat when I held him I couldn't have him.)

A rosy is the next on my list as well! Abu is a beauty!

Pardon my sounding ignorant, but...why are rosies called 'squishies'? :confused:

Ginafish said:
A rosy is the next on my list as well! Abu is a beauty!

Pardon my sounding ignorant, but...why are rosies called 'squishies'? :confused:

Ya this has me confused as well. Gorgeous snake though m8 congrats!

And so do hoggies, and I think KSBs?? I'm avoiding holding them, too, for obvious reasons.

Nanci

Congrats on the new addition, sure is a pretty boy!

Nanci said:
And so do hoggies, and I think KSBs?? I'm avoiding holding them, too, for obvious reasons.

Nanci
I don't know if the hoggies are called squishy too, but the KSB's are. I think it's because the females in particular get so fat once they mature and especially when they are gravid. I've also noticed with my pair of squishies (KSB's) that their muscle tone doesn't seem quite as firm as a corns, they are strong, but to me they seem weaker then say a kingsnake.

Jenn

Hoggies are definitely squishy. They feel like they are half filled with air! And you can feel stuff goosh around in them.

Nanci

So rosies are actually soft and squishy? Now I definitely need one! :O Thanks for answering my question.

Nanci said:

Nanci
I have all three species and I think the Rosy's are more of the squishy feeling than the other 2. My hoggie is a pretty firm guy but I call my KSBs worms. :D

My spotted python is pretty squishy. They feel like they have very thin, smooth skin. And about their guts moving around inside, mine was dangling from my hand and I felt a big gurgle of air go right past my fingers. Grossed me out.

Has anyone ever held an adult taiwan beauty or blue beauty snake? They're the exact opposite. They feel like steel cable.

Back