• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ahhhh! I'm finally done with FINALS!!

midnightgallop

I can't type...
No one has to respond to this, but I just felt like expressing my excitement for finishing all of my finals pulling mostly A's and being now only ONE semester away from getting my BFA!

Congratulations! What's a BFA? (Bachelors of Fine Arts??) (Wild guess, I'm not Googling it).

Lucky...I have them this whole week but so far they are going great. Only three more!

Congrats on getting good grades! Yea, as Nanci said...whats a BFA?

haha sorry. A BFA is a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Fine Art. You got it right Nanci ;) Good luck with your finals Dave! Thanks for the congrats. I'm so glad they're over. Mixing exams and final critiques are brutal.

Oh, and by mixing exams, I mean having to write final term papers and take formal final exams and mixing it with all the final critiques I have to do. They usually tear you a new one in those things. Anywho, glad it;s over :)

Congrats on pulling good grades on your exams..I remember when I was in school..I hated final exams because I NEVER did good on them...I always just barely pulled through or at times failed...I was never an "A" student as much as my mother would like me to have been..but I still graduated and got my Associates to prove for it..but yes..a BFA is great and will get you very far..what kind of "Arts" are you studying? (Graphic, Theatrical, Painting/drawing)?? Either way I'm sure you will go far in whatever you chose :)

Congrats on pulling good grades on your exams..I remember when I was in school..I hated final exams because I NEVER did good on them...I always just barely pulled through or at times failed...I was never an "A" student as much as my mother would like me to have been..but I still graduated and got my Associates to prove for it..but yes..a BFA is great and will get you very far..what kind of "Arts" are you studying? (Graphic, Theatrical, Painting/drawing)?? Either way I'm sure you will go far in whatever you chose :)
Thanks for the congrats! I don't always do well on finals either depending on the class and professor, so this was nice. My BFA will be in the Fine Arts (art only, not performing arts or writing). Everything fine arts such as painting, drawing, sculpture, bronze casting, ceramics, photography is included in that mix and my concentrations are in painting/illustration/graphic design. What kind of associates do you have? What is your degree in Eriathel?

Thanks for the good luck! I'm actually a History major, which means lots of papers and written exams :( Only one more semester though, and then I graduate! I think I might go on to get my Masters in Library Science, but I"m not sure... I won't do it right away anyway.

Congrats to all of you that are doing well in your exams. This is the time when you can sit back and say all the hard work has paid off!!!

So well done to all of you and best wishes for your futures,

Thanks for the good luck! I'm actually a History major, which means lots of papers and written exams :( Only one more semester though, and then I graduate! I think I might go on to get my Masters in Library Science, but I"m not sure... I won't do it right away anyway.

Whew history major huh? That's a tall order. You're graduating this year too? We should have a separate thread for that one when it happens haha. What is Library Science exactly? I was going to get my MFA (masters) as well, but I am also choosing to wait a bit. I've been in school for 15 years of my life, and I'm only 21....it would be SO Nice to actually be able to live life for a least a year and work before I subject myself to more schooling haha.

Congrats to all of you that are doing well in your exams. This is the time when you can sit back and say all the hard work has paid off!!!

So well done to all of you and best wishes for your futures,
Thank you for your kind words :) I agree, although I can;t fully relax until next semester is over, the worst of it is over for the most part and I can still relax a bit. :)

I just got done with exams myself this past Friday. What a feeling of relief. I know I got an A in Microbiology and an A in Honors World lit but I am crossing my fingers hard that I don't have to retake Calculus. If there is a fine line it would be the thickness of a piece of thread and I would be standing on it. I really hate math.

I just got done with exams myself this past Friday. What a feeling of relief. I know I got an A in Microbiology and an A in Honors World lit but I am crossing my fingers hard that I don't have to retake Calculus. If there is a fine line it would be the thickness of a piece of thread and I would be standing on it. I really hate math.

haha you're a zoology major and ya hate math huh? I was going to be pre-vet, but I decided I hated math too much and would put it off as a second BA later on. Kudos to you too for pursuing that. Calculus is is difficult for me. I can handle algebra, but that's about it. Sounds like you did well though, which is great :)
I take it your in the higher levels of classes now? I miss Bio now....it'll have to wait though. How was your microbiology class? I only majored in Biology for a year, so I never made it that far. Is it difficult?

Well I am going for Zoology but not medical Zoology (HUGE difference). I won't ever end up using anything in calculus. I took a statistics class and that will come in handy though. The jobs I will end up looking for later on will probably be research or conservation based although I have considered teaching (gotta love the summer off thing). My dream job would be something dealing with wolves followed in 2nd by the wild cats. Microbiology is a 200 level class. It was fairly easy for me but then I have a head for science. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of work. There is a lot to memorize. The lab was a blast and I got to work with pathogens like E. coli and streptococcus among many others. The teacher you have for a subject really makes a difference too. I love my teacher I took her for both BIO 101, BIO 102 and for Micro. I will also have the same teacher next semester for Botany. I was originally going to take Cell Biology and get it over with but it is in the same time slot as my Chemistry class. Botany will be fun though.

BTW I loved lab so much I now work in the Lab in the Biology Dept too. Great learning experience and it pays. :D

Whew history major huh? That's a tall order. You're graduating this year too? We should have a separate thread for that one when it happens haha. What is Library Science exactly? I was going to get my MFA (masters) as well, but I am also choosing to wait a bit. I've been in school for 15 years of my life, and I'm only 21....it would be SO Nice to actually be able to live life for a least a year and work before I subject myself to more schooling haha.

Thank you for your kind words :) I agree, although I can;t fully relax until next semester is over, the worst of it is over for the most part and I can still relax a bit. :)

I agree - I need a break before I get my masters!
If I got a Masters in Library Science, it would basically mean I was a librarian. Hard to believe I know, people don't realize you have to go to school to become a librarian! But I've worked in a library for four years, and I really do like it. Its either that or go for the Animal Science degree. Again

I know what the whole math thing is like ZM, I was a Animal Bioscience major for three years before I gave up - and it was because of math! I had to take calc again. Not fun. :smash: But sometimes I wish I had just stuck it out. Who knows, maybe I'll go back someday!

Well I am going for Zoology but not medical Zoology (HUGE difference). I won't ever end up using anything in calculus. I took a statistics class and that will come in handy though. The jobs I will end up looking for later on will probably be research or conservation based although I have considered teaching (gotta love the summer off thing). My dream job would be something dealing with wolves followed in 2nd by the wild cats. Microbiology is a 200 level class. It was fairly easy for me but then I have a head for science. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of work. There is a lot to memorize. The lab was a blast and I got to work with pathogens like E. coli and streptococcus among many others. The teacher you have for a subject really makes a difference too. I love my teacher I took her for both BIO 101, BIO 102 and for Micro. I will also have the same teacher next semester for Botany. I was originally going to take Cell Biology and get it over with but it is in the same time slot as my Chemistry class. Botany will be fun though.

BTW I loved lab so much I now work in the Lab in the Biology Dept too. Great learning experience and it pays. :D

Well microbiology doesn't sound so bad, especially if it's only a 2000 level. Sounds fun actually. You're excited for Botany? I hate Botany...all of the professors at my school are partial to plants and bugs and they don't know anything about mammals or reptiles (if they do, they certainly never have classes for it). Good luck with your future classes though. Sounds like you're going to do well. :)
Does that mean you will work for a zoo at all for conservation? I'm not sure if zoology actually implies that. Only 5% or less of a zoos income goes to wildlife conservation. I did a lot of research with peer-reviewed materials and studies on the exotic animal trade, and what I've found is that zoos are just taking up space and have some other quite negative effects on wildlife.
When I graduate, I am hoping to continue my research on this topic and actually go to many of the zoos myself to interview and get more of the facts for myself (I want to find out for sure myself if this is true for all or just some zoos).
I agree - I need a break before I get my masters!
If I got a Masters in Library Science, it would basically mean I was a librarian. Hard to believe I know, people don't realize you have to go to school to become a librarian! But I've worked in a library for four years, and I really do like it. Its either that or go for the Animal Science degree. Again

I know what the whole math thing is like ZM, I was a Animal Bioscience major for three years before I gave up - and it was because of math! I had to take calc again. Not fun. But sometimes I wish I had just stuck it out. Who knows, maybe I'll go back someday!
I never knew you needed a degree for that, but it makes sense. Math is the end all for me because I hate it so much. Sounds like you had another nice major there. I'm sure you can go back and complete it. :) Now worries.

5 down and 1 to go! Tomorrow is my last exam and it is math. I am going to go study pretty soon but I don't think it will be that hard.

Back