• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone forgot to take food out of viv ?

mele2511

Was'nt me officer
Well this morning i went to fill fudge (adult corn) water bowl up and got a nasty suprise.

The tank stunk that bad i was gipping and then trew up in the toilet. Then i remembered i left i mouse in his viv on sunday because he is not eating.

Normally i will take the food back out the following day, but i left this one in 5 days and it was rotting because fudge in his wisdom moved it onto the heat matt.

Has anyone else done this ???

Well it will make me feel better till i get home from work and smell my living room lol

OK then. Yes I have left a mouse in Roxanne's enclosure for an extended period of time such that the only thing left of the mouse was a pool of decomposing goo and bones :)

Feel better?

Regards,
Steve

P.S. The above is not true but was told to only make mele2511 feel better :D

Lol feeling better already while i listen to abusive tenants at work.

See...it's all good.

Look at it this way...you'll never make the mistake of leaving a mouse in his enclsoure again, will you :)

Regards,
Steve

Nope. Never feed in the viv (unless a snake is too stressed to eat elsewhere and then I always check the next morning) and would never go 5 days before noticing...maybe one day, but not 5. The smell after 3 would be noticeable as my snake room is closed. First thing I do when I walk in is smell the air. I either want no smell, or the smell of poo. No carrion.

yeah, I had a guy grab a rat and then take it to the back of his cage. 3 days later on a hot summer day.. whew.. it stunk to high heaven. I changed his water dish but the rat was hidden away in a far corner.
Now he always eats in a tub.

Back