• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heating racks

Hypancistrus

I think I am going to get a rack this spring, but quick question. If I get a rack and want to keep species with slightly higher heat requirements than your typical corn/king, like, say, a Kenyan Sand boa, can I add heat in any way to increase the heat to 90? I am looking at the Economy Rack by animal plastics I think...

I'd guess you could put each heating system for each level/cage on a different thermostat with different sensors, And if you had the highest temp vivs on the top and then slowly worked down to the lowest you'd be ok?

But im a complete newb, So this is just a complete guess.. hopefully someone with experience will be able to confirm/correct it!.

If you get the AP economy rack, the only suggestion I would make for different temps is to add flexwatt to the tubs you will be using for the KSB's and putting those on a different thermostat. You can't regulate temperature at different ranges on the AP rack unless you have more than one thermostat. Only one heat cable weaves through the entire rack. This is all assuming you are planning on keeping both corns and KSB's in the same rack, right?

It is possible, you just have to invest a little more in other heating devices and an extra thermostat. Good luck!

Maybe you could get AP to do a custom heating system for you. I read of one guy that they installed Flexwatt for. But even if they could just make the cable end at each shelf, or pair of shelves, that would be cool. Although I'm not thrilled with the whole heat cable thing, anyway. I really prefer a rectangular mat. You could always just put mats on the shelves that needed them.

Although I'm not thrilled with the whole heat cable thing, anyway. I really prefer a rectangular mat. You could always just put mats on the shelves that needed them.

This is what I was thinking. On the AP Economy Rack, it should be easy as there are no sides.

Back