• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

You Know You Have Heating Problems...

Mrs InsaneOne

I See Snakes...
...when the cats demand use of the electric blankets:

pixie1-1-08.jpg

pixie1-1-08(2).jpg

mister1-1-08.jpg

Of course, we must take into consideration that we suspect Mister (the tabby cross) of having arthritis in his back hips and Pixie (the Demon Calico) has thin fur. It's cute to see them snuggling under the covers - right up until the moment they attack you for trying to kick them out of bed when it's time for you to crawl in under the covers.

Jenn

Those are some snuggly looking kitties, Jenn!

When I lived in Silverton, CO, our place would just NOT heat. I welcomed the kitty and doggies to sleep with me, just to keep warm.

I've always marveled at a cat's ability to find the most inconvenient spot on a bed such that you can't possibly get comfortable.

Those are some snuggly looking kitties, Jenn!

When I lived in Silverton, CO, our place would just NOT heat. I welcomed the kitty and doggies to sleep with me, just to keep warm.
Yeah, that's like our place now. Leaks like a sieve, cause it's nothing more then a tin can on pillars. lol... We bring the pooch in when it drops below freezing and sometimes just when it seems extra cold. She's got husky in her, so she's got a good undercoat otherwise.

The cats? I'd like to see someone try to stop them from joining us on the bed. They get very vocal and very pushy if we try to assert our authority. Notice I said try

I've always marveled at a cat's ability to find the most inconvenient spot on a bed such that you can't possibly get comfortable.
Ah, I know exactly what you mean. It's like when you're reading a book and one comes and plops down right on the page you were trying to read. Or they come up and poke their noses on the keyboard while you're trying to type. Or my personal favorite, when they walk up to you while you're half asleep and plant their butt in your face. :eek1::crying:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jenn

It's like when you're reading a book and one comes and plops down right on the page you were trying to read. Or they come up and poke their noses on the keyboard while you're trying to type. Or my personal favorite, when they walk up to you while you're half asleep and plant their butt in your face. :eek1::crying:

OR when you get up from the couch to go get something, and come back to find the kitty happily curled in your spot.

This totally cracked me up as I can completely relate!
My old kitty (17 this year) has always been "anti blanket". She loves to sleep with me, but hates being under blankets. I have found her the last few days snuggled into a little "cave" she has made under them though so that was my first clue that it really was as cold as I thought here in the house!

aww!! What cute adorable kittys :0) and yea..my cat takes my spot on the couch anytime I get up to use the bathroom or to get a drink..but she's always reluctant to move when I return..:0)

Back