• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pleasantly Difficult Decision

Which do you recommend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jcapicy

Veritas Aequitas
Figured my pea of a brain is having a hell of a time deciding so I'd ask the people here!

I am looking for a new snake or few and have a bunch I am looking at. Would love to read some experiences and see some pics if you'd got'em.

I don't mind recommendations either, but it only makes me wish I had a bigger house to get all of them!

Kings don't really do it for me. Not sure why. I mean I like them. Just never wanted to own one.

I do however like Scarlet Snakes(not Scarlet Kings, but Cemophora coccinea) But don't believe they are legal to own in FL.

I voted One of these and a corn - because you can never had too many corns! I would go with the ATB or Spotted Python in my opinon - so pretty!

I voted for one of the above and a corn snake..lol..why not be diverse..hehe..as for one of the above part..I would say a viper or the ATB..good luck to ya :0)

How about one of the species that don't get no love (or so it seems) like a (eventually) big gopher/bull/pine snake variety?

Gophers, Bulls, and Pines can be really attractive but not for me. Not sure on the ATB. Never really paid them any mind until Kathy Love recommended them. But I like the heartier species a little more. This is going to be a hard decision!

I know, but with corns once to pop you just can't stop!

That and I have had a few corns and am looking for a little variety.

I'll likely get another corn at the Tampa Show this spring regardless! Than another and another and ........

I voted ATB though I don't know much about them. I just went on the fact that I hope to get a pair of chondros or ATBs within the next year or two.

The general consensus seems to suggest that everyone likes ATBs though.

How about a black milk?

803blackmilk-med.jpg

That last post with the crazy long black milk is wicked cool.

Yeah, I'm hoping there are some cool holdbacks and new to the world kritters there.

I really like ATB's so who knows. I am going for variety this time around so I will likely get one before too long.

Thanks everyone. Aside from adding to my list of potential species (Thanks a lot! :) ) Your input is greatly appreciated.

My favorites are the hissy hissy bulls, and hognoses.

I voted spotted python (i may be bias, lol) I love how crazy Thanagar is. I mean, when he's in feeding mode he REALLY does get this crazy look in his eyes.

I got a big Northern Pine and they are cool snakes. But my vote goes to the Carpet..
Get the IJ. They are so cool to watch and the climbing ability is unreal, get the IJ you won't be disappointed I promise you.
MIKE

Back