• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I have never been so glad to be here....

Cflaguy

Old School Snakeman
or anywhere right now. I have a new commercial for Burger King. What happens when you serve rancid mayonnaise and bad bacon to customers. Oh ya, I got food poisoning from the King. A mild case they tell me; I feel for anybody who gets or has had a worse case.
Their response? A very insincere apology and an offer for a free meal. Lisa called the health department. Today is the first day since Tuesday I've eaten but more painful; since I've been able to hold my daughter.

Sorry folks, had to vent a little as well as be a bit thankful for just being able to join you folks again.

BTW, on the morrow the N. Pine is coming home.:dancer:

Bet they get more sincere if you tell them to give the free meal to your lawyer when he comes to speak with their management. :roflmao:

A free meal, from the place that got you sick? GOOD LORD! You've GOT to take the complaint to a higher level; the sooner, the better!

It reminds me of when I was a systems consultant; the client, let's call them Honeywell, decided to save a few bucks on the contractors they hired and they moved us all from the hotel we were staying to a cheaper (read:fleabag) motel across town.

Every room was infested with bugs. We complained. Loudly.

In order to appease us, hotel management decided to gift us all with ....hold on now...... a FRUIT BASKET. They were left in our rooms while we were at work, and of course, they attracted more bugs.

Fortunately, the client moved us back to the old hotels a day later. If they didn't, they'd have had to hire a whole new crew of 15 computer geeks.

But I digress........Cflaguy, I hope your good health gets back ASAP. Also, consider having it your way next time! :cheers:

regards,
jazz

Cflaguy, I'm gald to hear you are alive and doing better. The thing that concerns me is that from the brink of death, you are glad to be "here".

Is that all there is?

What? We posioned you? Terribly sorry old chap, here... have one of our rancid rat-based burgers on the house to make up for it.

OMG...

That's is disgusting... I'm so sorry you got sick, but really glad u lived through it. I had a touch of food poisoning once in my life and I thank God that it was a touch because I thought I was gonna die even then. Can't imagine the people that get a full case of food poisoning lol... damn lol...

Glad u are ok and definitely uhhh, say shove the free meal somewhere uhhh won't say where but definitely say you'll be seein' my lawyer lol... good luck with that too. :)

Lil.

Ouch. Hope you feel better. Food poisoning is the worst.

I guess BK lives in a world where a free bag of their food can cure cancer, bring world peace, and also make your food poisoning,lawyer, and medical bills go away. *sighs* If only it were that simple...

Man, that's nasty. I haven't been in a fast food 'restaurant' for years and intend to keep it that way, I have heard so many food posioning cases, bones in chicken nuggets, etc etc.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Glad that you're feeling better! And I'm sure that one of those lawyers that advertise so frequently on our local channels would be more than glad to take a case against a company as large and wealthy as Burger King!

Sorry to hear you got the bad end of the stick - both in getting food poisoning in the first place and the rather... offensive token gesture that you were offered by BK.

About five years ago I got double-bucket food poisoning, and coincidentally it was also from a Burger King sandwich - in my case, one of their grilled chicken sandwiches. Oddly enough, not long after that, they discontinued that particular sandwich completely.

I empathise - but I have to admit, given that I've ALSO gotten food poisoning from food my inlaws have prepared... one bout of food poisoning from a fast-food joint out of the hundreds of times I've gone to them doesn't turn me off of 'em. I count it as a risk of eating that sometimes you'll get something that doesn't agree with you, whether it be a cup of tea or coffee with milk in it (now THAT gives me an upset stomach and the runs every time) or a burger with bacteria you'd rather not be eating.

That said, since I've had reptiles... much, much less stomach upset and digestive disease. Maybe I'm picking up small doses of various bugs and developing an immunity, or maybe the reptile-based salmonella is fighting off anything else because I'm THEIR playground!

That's horrible! I got food poisoning from McD's almost 10 years ago, it was definitely not a fun experience. Since then, I have not eaten there and BK automatically got put on that list too. I never want to go through that again. At least you are still here to give them hell about it!

Thanks for all the well wishes....

When do the bathroom visits stop?

Lisa won't let me go to get the N. Pine today either. Must wait till Sunday. For kicks and giggles I did contact my attorney and he will check to see if there were any more incidents that day or the next.
All I want is my day of pay I missed and my deductable. I realize more than likely there was no malicious intent and I realize the risk ya take when you eat out. First time in 41 years. I was bucking the odds.:rofl:

I realize the risk ya take when you eat out. First time in 41 years. I was bucking the odds.:rofl:

Really, it's the risk you take when you eat. It could have just as easily been some bacterial thing from meat or greens you bought at the grocery store.

a free meal to get you more sick what a great way. one of my co workers got a snack wrap from mccdonalds and it had a maggot in it she took it back and they gave her 50 dollars worth of coupons for free mcdonalds food i dont understand some peoples logic sometimes

Never heard of such things here, maybe we're a tad luckier because everything here is Kosher and has to be inspected by quite a few people(well, most things. Naturally there are a few "riskier" places to go to) ... but still, your complaint was -very- poorly handled and I really do think you should take it to the next level and contact the health department. I don't think it's common for such a serious food poisoning to take place that it would incapacitate you for so long a time.

Hope you'll get better quickly, that's what's most important.

On a different note though, I am not really sure that going to those companies is the right course- I mean, what do you expect to get other than the product they can provide?
Getting your money back? unlikely, it simply doesn't happen.

Going to the health department seems like the more logical step, as fast food restaurants can't really give you anything beside some more fast food. :shrugs:

When do the bathroom visits stop?

Ugh. I got campylobacter a few years back and thought I might just DIE. The bathroom visits didn't stop until the culture results came back from the doc and they found out what I had and got me on the right antibiotics. But, the bathroom visits became way more tolerable and I didn't look like I was on death's door about a week after onset of symptoms. Good luck getting better!

Back