• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dinner Last Night

Nanci

Alien Lover
So I'm at my bike club annual dinner, and am talking to a friend, who says she has a friend with a 12 year old son who is lookimng for a ball python. I say I have a student at work who is trying to rehome one. I will check it out and let her know. A bit later some guy comes up, and says his son is interested in getting a snake. I describe the differences between a BP and a corn, and he says the kid (who is standing there, shuffling around, totally disinterested) would probably get along better with a corn snake because he is hyperactive. He then reveals that they have had two RTBs and two BPs. I ask what happened to them- oh they DIED! Kthnksbai!

So my friend approaches me, and I tell her that I found out her friend's son KILLED his four previous snakes, but she assures me that that was not her friend, just some guy that overheard the conversation and approached me later. Whew.

I don't know what's going to happen if I ever breed snakes...

There is no breeder out there that can guarantee a good home for every snake. We can ask questions and provide care sheets and not sell to people we get a funny vibe from, but there is still no way to know the person will keep the snake forever.
It's hard, but at the same time if people didn't breed where would you be getting all these snakes from? It's knowing at least some of the snakes will go to the Nanci's of the world who spoil them rotten that makes up for the ones we are uncertain of the fate...

Nothing ever surprises me about what goes on in the snake world anymore. Thank goodness I never intend to have more than one or two clutches a year, if that. This will be my first year and I already have 12 of the hatchlings booked for close friends and experienced local keepers. It's lovely when you can find homes for snakes locally :)

I always wonder if they can't care for a snake, how do they care for dogs or cats? About this time last year my daughters co-worker offered er an adult corn snake and viv. She went on to explain it was her sons, but he did nothing for it, she threw a mouse in when she thought about it. By the end of summer after they found out I had other corn snakes they wanted $250 for snake and viv. I didn't get it, but if they thought is worth so much why didn't they take care of it.

Back