• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fire Belly Toads

tyflier

[Insert Witty Commentary]
Fire bellies were the first herp that I ever kept as a youngster. I have always loved these little critters, but for some reason...I never bought any after I "lost" my first couple, over 25 years ago...until yesterday.

We got a shipment in at the shop, and since I knew they were coming, I was tasked with setting up an environment for them to live in...a display viv. I had so much fun setting it up, that when the shipment arrived...I had no choice. I HAD to bring 2 of them home.

Now...I will claim that they are for my daughter but...we all know the truth...these guys are for me as much as for her. She hasn't seen them yet, and has no idea that I brought them home. She will see them for the first time tomorrow evening when she comes back from her mother's house.

So...here they are. They don't have names yet. I will leave that up to my daughter to decide...

1.jpg

2.jpg

I love how this one has the light green spots on his back "knees" and his upper back...
3.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Interesting looking! Rather cute! Goodluck with them! ;)

My mum really want's me to get frogs/toads, but the set-up and humidity requirements scare me..

Interesting looking! Rather cute! Goodluck with them! ;)

My mum really want's me to get frogs/toads, but the set-up and humidity requirements scare me..

George, you have a tortoise, two corns, and a royal python...you can handle a couple of fire belly toads. High humidity and moderate temps. Use a moisture enabling substrate like coconut with sphagnum moss on top, use a water dish large enough to be used as a "pool", keep the temps around 75-80*F, and relative humidity in the 70% range...easy as pie. Feed 'em 5-6 small crickets 3-4 times a week, and you will have happy, healthy toadies!

Besides...they are really cute and really fun. Even though they are technically terrestrial amphibians, they are quite athletic and can often be found climbing the inside of the glass and hopping in and out of the "pool".

You can keep up to 6 in a 20gallon aquarium with no problem, and have plenty of room for making it partly an aquatic habitat and partly a terrestrial...

I don't see any problems in the requirements you say :)

I'll have to look into it, I know my local reptile shop has some fire bellied toads in, we'll see ;)

:) Cute, I love frogs. Though, the only frog/toad i have at the moment is my horned frog ... or pac man frog named lunch box :)

Back