• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do you think it would be wrong of me-

Taxidermy

everything under the sun.
to sell my two smallest corns - as i'm trying to expand my collection in herps. I feel like I want to move away from the colubrids and move on to the boids. ever since i have gotten my boa ... my first boa, ive been reading more and more about them and have become incredibly interested. Basically i'd love to have a more diverse collection - but do you think this would be ill of me to go through with this? I know some people have done it, but I would feel bad selling my animals to other people. I just would want to make sure they got great homes.

After much debate, took me months to decide, I sold my last two (Origanal corns) that i had for almost ten years... But I they just didn't interest me anymore, and wow, Does Corn snake poop smell so much worse then boid poop, and its alot harder to clean, off EVERYTHING :bang:

Anyways, I sold the corns, and got three new female jungle carpet pythons, Grabbed two more BCI (pastel and albino) and ordered 1.1 White lipped pythons, so IMO Id say it was a good deal :)

and i had a guy OFFER me 250$ per snake, so i got 500$ for an Anery and a Candy Cane.... :eek:

Wow, what an offer. ): I dont think i'll be getting that much for my two snakes - but i think I will be selling them. And you're right it smells a lot worse than boids. I don't think I could sell my first corn - he's still my favorite. I've had him for four years now. But ten? Wow - i suppose it was difficult but what ever pleases you :) they must've gotten some really good homes.

I havn't ever thought about selling Tobias or Citrus - but I have seriously considered selling Nike, my slow growing snow motley. I don't think its wrong - sell the ones you are not attached to, to a good home and get some snakes you really want!

Thanks for your input :)! I really want to get a blood python and once i sell them i will have the room. My parents are getting me a dumerils boa as a grad gift, and once i get my blood python ill still have room for another snake so im thinking a surinam or hog island boa

This thread prompted me to start my own "controversial" thread about re-homing. I'm in no position to say if it's good or bad for you to do this. I've re-homed snakes for a variety of reasons. But I would just advise you to replace the corns with something that's going to hold your interest.

P.S. You shouldn't be writing off the entire Family of colubrids just because you're a little bored with one species. I love boids, but colubrids rock, my friend. ;)

Roy is right, Don't do anything you will regret, corns are a great snake, they are great for alot of people, just personally, they were no longer for me, i needed something that kept me on my toes, and was a bit more of a challenge, thats why I stepped up to the door step of Morelia.

! I really want to get a blood python and once i sell them i will have the room.

Hrm, I think a Blood Python will require a LOT more space than two adult corns. I've seen them at shows, and while they're really very beautiful, they're also ENORMOUS! Just something to think about..

:) I have thought about it, and I realize how big they do grow to be. However, a 20 gallon long viv should suffice them for about a year and a half. I also realized that my boa was going to need a lot more room than two corn snakes. I've thought it over plenty of times - and it took me a long time to go through with the idea of owning a boa. So neither one has or will be an impulse buy - i'm simply just moving up and away from the corns at the moment to a much more diverse collections. I still love corn snakes, and i'm sure in the future I will have plenty more. But for the time being, I know the only way i can expand is if i have the room.

Back