• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Over enthusiastic feeding.....

snakewispera snr

The Devils Advocate
We always feed F/T. We let them thaw at room temps, make sure they are dry and pop them in.
Yesterday for some reason:confused: we placed them on top of one of the vivs to warm up as we moved some of the snakes into their dining areas....
When we looked at them they were very warm (a lot warmer than normal), Just like a live rat/mouse.
The snakes didn't take any chances with them. They whacked them like they were going to get away, and squeezed the 'life' out of them....
The carpets also squeezed the insides out of them as well, blood and guts everywhere. That was the first time we ever had a mess to clean up...If it was just the one I wouldn't of mentioned it, but as they all did it I thought some of you might find it interesting.....

I totally get ya. Ugh. Last night my new woma took his f/t rat pink and just kept biting it...then letting go...then biting..then letting go. I checked on him for over a 1/2 hour and by then the pink was covered in bites...finally I just went to bed and left the little tucker still biting. This morning it was gone and there was a bloody spot on his papertowel...yuck!
I have seen my boa squeeze a dead rat until blood flowed out of it's nose...also gross man.
ha! Our funny snakies.

I don't quite see what you are confused about...

The prey items were a lot warmer then usual like you said. (and they would be smellier)
So the warmer smellier prey must triggered a much stronger response in the snakes which lead them to be more 'enthusiastic' toward eating.

If that helps at all? lol

Ohh, my bad Mike. LOL I'm a little out of it today, Ive been babysitting my crazy little cousin for the past two days ha ha!
I'll rep you for that, you mad impetuous fool. Don't you know they can be dangerous, and should never be approached without at least another competent person present. ...;)

Back