• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Canadian Iguanas

bataco

Daniel
A friend who lives in canada wants to buy an iguana but she says she can't find a store who sells them, do you know of any breeder or store? thank you =D

A friend who lives in canada wants to buy an iguana but she says she can't find a store who sells them, do you know of any breeder or store? thank you =D

lol she should be happy there not in stores, there disposable pets... very few people can and will properly take care of one.. everyone you ask that knows ANYTHING about reptiles will tell you to not to bother, Tell your friend to get a Chinese Water Dragon or something similar, I wont go into detail on this subject again, but theres a reason there very rarely sold up here now adays, and thats because they made bad pets IMO.

Yeah, we don't sell them in our store either, too many is rescue. Where in Canada is she located? If she really has her heart set on an Iguana, there's lots in rescue that need homes.

Green iquana's quickly outgrow their owners. There are people who have them and maintain them quite successfully, but they're definitely not for the casual reptile owner. That said, she'll have to keep looking or possibly order one in if she's dead set on getting one.

I'd recommend a Chinese Water Dragon, Australian Water Dragon, or Bearded Dragon for the same lizard keeping experience without the 6' long animal that's able to break a dogs leg with it's tail. :shrugs:

D80

Yeah, we don't sell them in our store either, too many is rescue. Where in Canada is she located? If she really has her heart set on an Iguana, there's lots in rescue that need homes.

Yea i Also manage a reptile store, and we refuse to carry them.. terrible pets.

I'll add to the chorus of people saying they are terrible pets for most people---and I have two of my own that I love!

They are one of the most dumped reptiles in shelters and rescues. Many, especially males, can be quite aggressive and you won't soon forget being tail-whipped by one. They require VERY large enclosures.

Please tell your friend to consider smaller lizards instead.

sonja

Back