• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help?

PurraLovesJazz

Poofy-Headed Snake-Addict
I got Cal (Kenyan Sand Boa) last Wednesday, and he hasnt eaten... I left him alone, made sure the temps were right, and even got him a live fuzzy which I ended up feeding to Jazz because he wouldnt eat it. I havent been out to get another live one, but the breeder said they would eat F/T so I have been trying that. And he seems interested, following it with his head poking out of the bedding, but he either just sits there or ducks back under the aspen. Any ideas?

Have you tried feeding him in a separate feeding container, like a deli cup or small tupperware with a few small holes in it? Both of my KSB's prefer to be fed in a small snug feeding dish in the dark.

Also, do you know when he last shed? If he is due to shed soon, he might not eat until afterwards.

Good luck, I love my squishies and even though they are pains at times, I'd have a hard time giving them up.

Have you tried feeding him in a separate feeding container, like a deli cup or small tupperware with a few small holes in it? Both of my KSB's prefer to be fed in a small snug feeding dish in the dark.

Also, do you know when he last shed? If he is due to shed soon, he might not eat until afterwards.

Good luck, I love my squishies and even though they are pains at times, I'd have a hard time giving them up.

well the breeder told me that he was being fed in his tank, so that is what I've been doing. I could try that though. do yours eat F/T or live?

and no, he shed right before he was shipped.

he is a lovely little squishy (lol) but I just want him to EAT!

well the breeder told me that he was being fed in his tank, so that is what I've been doing. I could try that though. do yours eat F/T or live?

and no, he shed right before he was shipped.

he is a lovely little squishy (lol) but I just want him to EAT!
Hopefully that will help give him some security, he might just still be stressed out from shipping and adjusting to a new environment.

Mine actually eat pre-kill, I won't leave live hoppers in with them on the off chance they refuse or get bit. They won't take the F/T for me, though it's not for lack of trying.

How big of a tank do you have him in? Maybe, if it's far larger than he is, he might feel insecure. They seem to prefer sung enclosures, especially when they are small.

He still wont eat! I dont know what I'm doing wrong! I tried the F/T again, then got him a live fuzzy today, but he refuses to eat it! right now he's in a smaller container in his tank with the fuzzy, but I dont think he will eat it. and I cant give it to Jazz this time because he ate already.

I have him in a 10 gal, by the way. Thats what I read was the best.

I've made sure his temps are consistant and correct, kept a water bowl in there, the bedding is about 2" deep throughout the viv, and I didnt handle him today before I tried to feed him.

Please can someone help me? I dont know what to do, and its been almost 4 weeks since the last time he ate!

I'm currently experiencing the same problem with my spider ball python hatchling. The only thing I have left to do is leave her alone completely for 7 days in a quiet room so that she can get used to the enclosure a bit more. Aside from that maybe just leave him in a dark room in a small seperate container with the f/t prey, not live of course.

Has he pooped or ventured around his enclosure much or has he just been hiding?

Wow, I feel silly now! He finally ate! I put him in a smaller container full of bedding/him/mouse and buried it under the bedding in his viv, right under the heat lamp. And when I just checked, the mouse was gone! So maybe take something from that, Putty? I dont really know a whole lot about BPs, but my friend prekills mice for hers. Sticks them in a coffee can and shakes it real hard, then gives the BP the still twitching mouse. It refuses to eat F/T.

Wow, I feel silly now! He finally ate! I put him in a smaller container full of bedding/him/mouse and buried it under the bedding in his viv, right under the heat lamp. And when I just checked, the mouse was gone! So maybe take something from that, Putty? I dont really know a whole lot about BPs, but my friend prekills mice for hers. Sticks them in a coffee can and shakes it real hard, then gives the BP the still twitching mouse. It refuses to eat F/T.

That's great news! I've tried live - prekilled - f/t, I think she just needs time to get used to the changes still. Anyways it's good to hear that someone else's fussy eater gave in :D.

Back