• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Capt Plundered Daytona by Camera, Aaarrrggghhh!

CaptBogart

False Prophet
Well, my mantra leading up to this weekend, "I'm not buying anything, just taking pics", didn't quite go to plan. I brought home four great additions, paid for two... but I'll save those for another thread, as I'll hopefully be able to show you a few things not posted yet. I'll start by saying, this was the greatest year yet, especially getting the chance to meet so many new people. I did do my usual Triathlon start, (Snakes, Lizards, Turtles), then a slow warm down lap around the place... twice... I'm halfway through the photos, but I thought I'd give you a head start... They really aren't framed like I would have liked, since I couldn't bring my tripod, but I guess they're ok for point and shoot... Oh, there's a lot, so look for updates if you want...

I really like lizards and have the tat on my leg to prove it, so I got a lot of those. I'm actually thinking of getting a Leo sometime in the future, they come in my favorite color... yep orange...
2008_0824Daytona0039.jpg

2008_0824Daytona0028.jpg

2008_0824Daytona0022.jpg

Aren't these the coolest?
2008_0824Daytona0009.jpg

My little $5 Blue Garter didn't make the ride home, but some day I'll have one of these beauty's...
2008_0824Daytona0005.jpg

Who can't love a snake that changes from yellow to green?
2008_0824Daytona0003.jpg

Pick me, Pick me...
2008_0824Daytona0058.jpg

Someone stayed up to late partying at Daytona...
2008_0824Daytona0053.jpg

Great deco rock camouflage....
2008_0824Daytona0050.jpg

A little Red Bull, shot of Vodka...
2008_0824Daytona0048.jpg

Breakfast is served....
2008_0824Daytona0045.jpg

The salad bar is awesome this year...
2008_0824Daytona0041.jpg

well I have about 60 more that I picked out to look at, but they still have to be shrunk since I was shooting at 9+ MP's... Be back soon...

Great pics!! I can't believe those blue garters were only 5 bucks! Up here they wanted 100 for one. I feel in love with them but couldn't justify it with my budget. Thanks for sharing your pics.

I forgot what the orange ones were, lol... I was trying to remember so many names my head was going to explode if I kept up... They might be one of the Hybrids I ran across.... I'm bummed the pic I took of the Scaleless Texas Rats didn't come out, they were cool in an odd creepy kind of way...

Ok, five more, then I'll be back later....

I'm King of the mountain!!!
2008_0824Daytona0082.jpg

Another beautiful yet shy Rat Snake...
2008_0824Daytona0065.jpg

"...and not only can I be had for a great price, I have my own insurance..."
2008_0824Daytona0069.jpg

and we couldn't have a post without some great Stripe Corns...

Bearhead
2008_0824Daytona0077.jpg

"I'm the great Anaconda, laying in wait to ambush my prey.... or make my escape when Walter opens the door..."
2008_0824Daytona0079.jpg

Those are awesome, Capt! I really love those pac mans. I'm so sorry about your little garter, though...she was beautiful.

Can't wait to see the rest!

Beautiful pictures! What are the thin, orange snakes? Those are unreal!!

Ok, the little orange ones are a Flame and a Leucistic Flame Garter...

Those are awesome, Capt! I really love those pac mans. I'm so sorry about your little garter, though...she was beautiful.

Can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks, that was an adult Garter though, the one I picked up was very tiny... but I was hoping to get it to that size... Guess I'll just have to get one from Scott

Nice "bear head" corn! Also, that red bull blows my mind! Thanks for showing us!

Lol, it seems I have a knack for renaming Stephens Corn morphs... I too like the Bulls, and it was tough to give them up to make room for other projects, but seeing these in person made me question choosing Gophers over Bulls in the Pit group...

Gorgeous! Love your little comments too. ;-)

Lol, thanks, I'll try to keep them coming ;)

I still have plenty to go through, but here's a few more... You'll have to excuse all the Sail Fin pics, but I just love this monster and his offspring... anyone have $8000 I can borrow for a pair? :D

Dino Dad
2008_0824Daytona0084.jpg

and the kids...
2008_0824Daytona0089.jpg

2008_0824Daytona0093.jpg

2008_0824Daytona0092.jpg

2008_0824Daytona0090.jpg

It's a Jungle out there...
2008_0824Daytona0096.jpg

There was a pile up on A1A
2008_0824Daytona0101.jpg

"Hey sexy, come here often?"
2008_0824Daytona0108.jpg

"This is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl"
2008_0824Daytona0115.jpg

If you stare too long you'll see spots
2008_0824Daytona0107.jpg

Gezzy Peete's

I wish we had gone...maybe. Like you Joe I had no intention of purchasing but I see that wouldn't have flown. I'll go halvsees on the Sailfins with ya. And a little snapper and the albino red-eared... then we can get to the snakes....

:cheers: Awesome commentary! I can't get enough of the pics, keep 'em coming!

How many memory cards did you bring along with you? :eatpointe

So where are pictures of you in our Pirate outfit???

IF the Capt is going to Plunder Daytona you gotta dress the part.
Next year maybe you can get some fellow pirates?

I wish we had gone...maybe. Like you Joe I had no intention of purchasing but I see that wouldn't have flown. I'll go halvsees on the Sailfins with ya. And a little snapper and the albino red-eared... then we can get to the snakes....

It was great that you helped with the tree, but darn it, I was looking forward to hanging out. Deal, I'll take care of the turtles until they're dinner plate size, then it's your turn... :D

:cheers: Awesome commentary! I can't get enough of the pics, keep 'em coming!

How many memory cards did you bring along with you? :eatpointe

I have a 1G that gives me 900+ shots at 9+ MP's... I still have about 30 more to go through, just took a break to get some shots of my new babies. Look for the thread soon :)

So where are pictures of you in our Pirate outfit???

IF the Capt is going to Plunder Daytona you gotta dress the part.
Next year maybe you can get some fellow pirates?

How do you know I wasn't in my pirate outfit? I was behind the camera... Maybe someone else got a pic....
I want to go in on a couple tables next year, so if anyone wants to partner up, let me know! You have to provide your own costume... :D

What great pics! What exactly are those "sailfin" thingys? They look too kewl. Was the adult's jaw really that bluish?

Thank you for sharing!

Fred

Back