• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Where to find Sunglow Striped?

RiptheJacker

Hey all. I can't seem to find this morph for sale anywhere, and not only that, I haven't found any breeders planning on creating this morph for next year. Is there a reason for this? Are Sunglow Stripes one of those $500 corns since they seem to be rare? That'd certainly be beyond my price range, but if anyone has info, I'd appreciate it.

well amel stripes themselves tend to lack white and have a slightly hypoish brightening effect and sunglows are just the 'Brightest' and most 'Colourful' of these. so it can be quite hard to tell a amel stripe from a sunglow stripe as all sunglows are amels but not all amels are sunglows...

i personally would like a sunglow stripe but have not seen any advertised but i doubt that they would be to expensive as they are not a complicated morph or involve any really rare morphs...

but then what do i know.... ;)

I dont have any for sale this year just sunglow motley's but, if you go to my website, thecornpit.com
I have pictures of a few of mine on there. Also if you are looking to buy one this year I would recommend Suncoast Herpetological. John has some really beautiful animals and very well priced

Torsten: Thanks for the info. That helped clear things up a little for me. So Sunglow Stripes are just selectively bred amel stripes?

TheCornPit: I'll definitely check out your website, can't wait to see the pics of your snakes. :) I appreciate the help, I'll bookmark you for future purchases.

yes, sunglows are just selectively bred amels so sunglow stripes are selectively bred amel stripes.

I second Marsha of Poppy Corns. Her Sunglow Stripes are simply divine.

If she doesn't have anything available though, I'd ask Don of SMR. All of Marsha's Sunglow Stripes originate from SMR I believe.

I too am interested in obtaining a Sunglow Motley from Poppycorns. However, with their website not having been updated for 4... pardon me, 5 years now, and previous attempts at contact fruitless... Help? Thanks.

Sorry for double post, I pressed <enter> too quickly. John Schimdt is absolutely great to work with; just make sure you remember to ask up front what hets if any the animals you obtain from him have. I'm following up with him, but I'm sure I'm giving poor John a headache...

Not sure if you noticed, but the posts on here are several years old... That place may no longer be in business! We are breeding our Snow Stripe and Sunglow this year, so I may post pictures of them if we get them to breed! Not sure if we can do any shipping, but check back, and if we get some good ones, maybe we can work something out!

Not sure if you noticed, but the posts on here are several years old... That place may no longer be in business! We are breeding our Snow Stripe and Sunglow this year, so I may post pictures of them if we get them to breed! Not sure if we can do any shipping, but check back, and if we get some good ones, maybe we can work something out!

Promoting business without being a contributor is prohibited
The rules here in this link

So sorry to have dropped out of sight! And for the out-of-date website.
The sunglow that makes a stellar sunglow stripe is a separate gene. Actually I think there is more than 1 gene involved, one that gives the intense red and the other that seems to affect the timing of expression. This is coming from having bred sunglow stripe into fire.

My beautiful Lantana is due to come out of brumation, I can make a clutch of beauties if enough people are interested.

Marsha!!! I know we've never spoke but I LOVE your pink corns and definitely would be interested in a girl or two if you're breeding them this year, or have any yearlings/adults for sale :)

Back