• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I FINALLY GOT MY NIKON!!!

after months and months of looking at cameras, i have settled on the Nikon D90!! it came with the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, and a 4 gig lexar 130x memory card too!!! i'm stoked! stoked and broke that is, but stoked none the less. now to figure out how to use this puppy...set me back 1600 bucks...but i think it will all be worth it in the end, i have a feeling i won't need to upgrade my camera for years and years!

now just let me revel in my excitement while the battery charges...

If you had an excellent dinner, would you think the chef just had awesome pots and pans? Would you ask him what pots and pans he used?

PICTURE HEAVY

so i still haven't really had much time whatsoever to play around with the new camera, but i thought i would just post a whole bunch of random shots for fun.

december1-3010Medium-1.jpg

spidey in the shower

december1-3029crop.jpg

my eyeball (Sigma 105 macro i LOVER you!)

december4043Medium.jpg

the windows to milly's soul...

december4054Medium.jpg

milly's dinner

december4110Medium.jpg

milly's true colors

december4-6007Medium.jpg

"bob" the tangerine leopard gecko, who belongs to my friend

november10009Medium.jpg

one of the first snake shots i took with the new nikon

november11-13011Medium.jpg

my boyfriends new 08 spider ball python from michael munro in vancouver. i forget what he named the snake...it's something from World of Warcraft lol

november11-13022Medium.jpg

steve with baller on his head (he hates snakes)

november14-16009Medium.jpg

panda! one of my boyfriend's roommates kittens

november14-16013Medium.jpg

my boyfriend's dog, buddy, with doggles

november14-16026Medium.jpg

buddy cooperating, but not enjoying the doggles

november14-16033Medium.jpg

christmas ornaments we were giving away at my store. experimenting with depth of field

november17-23016Medium.jpg

beau-tiful tree in front of the old folks home

november17-23036Medium.jpg

an experiement with complete darkness. a cheapie light-up dollar store statue

november26-31001Medium.jpg

chuck palahniuk's "survivor." thought the focus was interesting

november9008Medium.jpg

sam's beautiful face! (friend, coworker, and boss's daughter) check out her eyes!

Got some great shots there, esp. love the one of the Gecko. The roommate's kitten is a doll... I'm such a sucker for that colouring :)

My camera isn't near as good as yours, but I love the quality of shots I get all the same... makes quite a difference after a point and shoot digital :)

Back