• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The loss of a friend.

jennrosefx

*Insert Witty Title Here*
Since I had posted here a couple weeks back in regards to biopsies and the like in regards to my ailing cat, Yoda, I figure I should post an update here...

After deciding to not forgo any extreme invasive measures/tests etc for what was most likely a form of lung cancer, we opted to make him as comfy as possible for as long as possible.

After getting a bit worse, he was put on some meds, and had a few really good days, which I am beyond thankful for... followed by a few really awful ones.

Today, I had to put my lifelong friend, my partner in crime, the biggest pain in the but and quite possibly the coolest and smartest cat I'll ever have the honor of knowing, to sleep.

Needless to say, I'm heartbroken.. but oddly, this is easier on me than it has been watching him deteriorate and be as miserable as he was the past few days. He was always incredibly vocal, animated, calculating, loving and full of fire... he wasn't meant to be the way he was the past few days... he knew it, and I knew it. It was far more comforting than I imagined it would be to see him finally at rest. I got Yoda when I was 13 years old. We grew up together. He was the best evil-genius-sidekick a gal could ask for. I'm lucky to have had him in my life.

I'll miss you, friend. Now don't go attacking people just because you know I'm not watching!

3222830349_2f51505533.jpg

Indeed, pets most times become more than that. They become trusted companions and even best friends. You have my sincerest condolences. I know your loss is great, but the joy you brought each other was much greater. Bless you, friend.

I'm so terribly sorry. Try your best to remember all the good times you had whenever you get sad, and maybe consider some sort of lasting tribute in his honor... and even if he liked to bite people, and even if a bear trap might be appropriate, something a bit more lasting can be nice. I decided for my animals to plant trees in their name and over their ashes once I have a house. My first doggy, whom I got at 11, has a japanese maple growing for him, and my rescue kitty has an oak tree.

I'm sorry for your loss- It sounds like you gave Yoda a wonderful life just as he gave you some wonderful memories...

Aw Jen, I'm so sorry.
And I know that sympathy from others doesn't help a bit when your heart hurts so much.
Your boy looks so much like MY best friend Rumpus, who I lost in 2002.
The grief was almost more than I could bear, I cried for months. It was the only rocky time my marriage had ever had...

He was BEAUTIFUL, and as much as it hurts, try to be comforted by knowing that if the time you 2 spent together wasn't so wonderful, you wouldn't be hurting now....

I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you loving took care of him to the very end. And you unselfishly knew when it was time to allow him peace. My hugs and prayers go out to you and your family.

What a beautiful kitty! So terribly sorry for your loss, but happy for the many great years you had together. I hope those great memories will get you through the grief of your loss.

I've seen a lot of abandon cats in my time, it always makes me so happy to hear of one who's had the same caring owner for their whole life. Yoda was very lucky to have you.

Awww Jenn...sending big hugs and much love your way.
Yoda couldn't have asked for a better person to love him through his life. RIP sweet kitty.

I feel your pain :( you did the right thing and proved yourself a loving, caring owner right to the end. Yoda will always be around as long as you have him in your memories x

Back