• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting a new Camera!!

tyflier

[Insert Witty Commentary]
So...back in the day, when I was but a wee little SOB in High School, I had a wonderful opportunity to get into photography.

One of the art teachers petitioned the High School for a B&W darkroom, and a photography curriculum...which he was granted. I IMMEDIATELY jumped at the chance to take the classes.

Being a photo student, I was able to package my own 35mm B&W film, process the negatives, and develope my own prints, at VERY little cost. I paid about $1 for a 36 exposure roll of Kodak ISO 400 B&W film. I would walk around town, and shoot about 5 rolls of film per day, 3-5 days a week. I also had the opportunity to develope B&W prints and negatives, and take B&W portraits in a local Studio to earn my way through high school.

After High School...I could no longer afford to shoot as much as I wanted to. It helped to focus on my exposures, and get it right the first time, but even with proper 18% grey exposures, commercial developement of film was less than acceptable. So...I sold off my camera(an Olympus OM-10 that was as old as I was), and stopped taking pictures.

I always wanted a digital SLR. I always thought that having access to a viewable memory card, and not paying per picture, would be awesome, but...I was never in a position to purchase one...

...Until today. I got my Federal Return in the mail today, and I immediately went online and ordered a new camera.

So...in the next 3 days or so, I should be getting an Olympus E-520 10mp DSLR with Zuiko 14-42mm and Zuiko 40-150mm lenses, plus some "extras". It's been a long time since I've been able to get online and spend a cool grand on something I really wanted...so I spoiled myself.

So, hopefully, you guys will be able to put up with me posting a ton of random, crappy photographs while I figure this thing out!! I am so excited, I almost wet myself!!

That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

I'm jealous too... I want a camera like that!

I can't WAIT!! Imagine...change ISO between shots, switch back and forth between B&W and Color depending on the subject, snapping off a thousand pics and not paying for ANY of them! Exposure bracketing is automatic, instead of sitting there for 20minutes making calculations, and possibly missing the shot. In camera color filters for contrast and depth. Checking my exposure via Live View LCD screen to make sure I got the shot I want before I leave, instead of getting home, developing the negatives, and saying, "Crap. I should have pushed my exposure", and having the opportunity just gone. And the ability to shoot 3278 X 3278 RAW format to create HUGE gallery quality prints, with very little distortion or "noise"!!

I can't flippin' wait!!!!

I am so jealous!!! You can only post pictures if you include your field trips looking for cool reptiles!!!! LOL :licklips:

I can't WAIT!! Imagine...change ISO between shots, switch back and forth between B&W and Color depending on the subject, snapping off a thousand pics and not paying for ANY of them! Exposure bracketing is automatic, instead of sitting there for 20minutes making calculations, and possibly missing the shot. In camera color filters for contrast and depth. Checking my exposure via Live View LCD screen to make sure I got the shot I want before I leave, instead of getting home, developing the negatives, and saying, "Crap. I should have pushed my exposure", and having the opportunity just gone. And the ability to shoot 3278 X 3278 RAW format to create HUGE gallery quality prints, with very little distortion or "noise"!!

I can't flippin' wait!!!!

Gee, tell us how you really feel!

;)

I'm happy for you!

Gee, tell us how you really feel!

;)

I'm happy for you!

The hard part is sitting here and waiting for it to arrive! I paid a bit extra to get 3 day Priority shipping. Hopefully...it will be here by Saturday, and I'll be able to get out and shoot with my kidlet this weekend!!

Oh...I'm also getting a "new" car. My old Bronco has just about had enough of my nonsense. I don't take it anywhere but school for the kid and work. So I'm shopping around to pick up a reliable used care, too.

This is an exciting week for me!!

Oh Chris, I am so happy for you!!
I have my husband's old Canon 20-D dslr. I'm a complete idiot, but that camera takes great shots when you ain't got no skillz!

Ah a man that understands just how exciting getting a new camera and lens' is! I can't wait to see pictures from your new beastie!

Back