• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boy Finds Snake in Sofa!

Eriathiel

Short and Sweet
Lucky Boy IMO...

http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Boys-Find-Boa-inside-Living-Room-Sofa=1&blockID=217188&feedID=1404

Boys Find Boa inside Living Room Sofa

Jhomar Bennett and buddy Danny Yuastella (below) got the shock of their lives when they discovered a 4-and-a-half feet long boa constrictor (above) in their brown leather sofa. (PHOTO COURTESY: New York Daily News)
Email
Print
Comment(23)
Sharing
RSS

BY ANDREW RAMOS | wpix.com

February 18, 2009

BENSONHURST, N.Y. (WPIX) -- Many sometimes find coins, dollars, and even the occasional Cheeto tucked underneath the cushions of their sofa. But what a pair of boys discovered slithering inside their living room sofa was far from a cheesy, stale snack.

Jhomar Bennett and his friend Danny Yuastella said they felt something moving in the cushions behind them, as they were watching television Tuesday afternoon.

"We started shaking the cushions, and it just started pouring out," Yuastella, 7, told the NY Daily News.

What poured out was a 4-1/2 foot, 5-pound boa constrictor.

At first, Jhomar thought it was a toy, but soon realized it was a real snake and immediately called his mom who phoned police.

When authorities arrived to the 62nd Street residence, officers were terrified of the reptile, said Danielle Bennett, Jhomar's mom.

"They were scared of it. They were petrified so they called animal control," she told the News.

When animal control workers arrived, they scooped up the snake and tossed it into a pillow case.

It's still unclear how the boa made its way into the Bennett's brown leather sofa. One theory involves the snake entering the residence by way of a toilet.

According to a spokesperson for Animal Care & Control, boas lurking around New York City isn't as unusual as you think.

Approximately 20 boas are captured annually in New York by animal control services.

As always, I chuckle when I read about those who serve and protect getting all wimpy over a reptile. :)

They'll take a bullet for us, but they won't take a boa. :shrugs:

Dale

That would be a dream come true!!! Do you all believe the crap about snakes entering in through toilets? I just don't see how that would be possible but everytime a snake is found they blame it on plumbing,lol.

As always, I chuckle when I read about those who serve and protect getting all wimpy over a reptile. :)

They'll take a bullet for us, but they won't take a boa. :shrugs:

Dale

I agree... I'm SURE they have seen more horrific things in the line of duty!

What I find amazing is that they were right, it actually is a boa, I was expecting to see a garter snake or something...

Any body remeber the venomous python, or the eight foot long, three foot long califonia constrictor, or the Cobra python on FOX?

At any rate, I'm glad they didn't kill it. Why can't I ever find anything fun in my sofa?!?!?

Ah man someone beat me to the post!! I was gonna post this story when I got home! Thanks aot....lol...ah well guess I'll catch the next big snake story..maybe :)

Yea I read it in the paper..its a gorgous red tail boa male..turns out it got in through a cracked window (not the toilet)...it was just looking for a warm place to stay..whoever owned it had taken good care of it though as it did look well fed in the pic..the paper says the snake was very friendly :)

well I wouldnt consider it lucky if I found a boa in the couch that wasn't already mine. I would be like "Dammit, why another boa???"

It's still unclear how the boa made its way into the Bennett's brown leather sofa. One theory involves the snake entering the residence by way of a toilet.
This I doubt.

According to a spokesperson for Animal Care & Control, boas lurking around New York City isn't as unusual as you think.
Approximately 20 boas are captured annually in New York by animal control services.
This I actually believe, and would assume its actually higher with animals being placed for adoptions or given up.

This is one reason why I have the boas I have, I have been given 4 unwanted animals. And the reason why I will not breed boas. I feel that to many people buy them and I really do not want to add to the market with anymore unwanted pets.

To me, this is another story of an irresponsible owner. No wonder the government wants to regulate and get rid of Boas.

Man why can anything good like that happen to me, lol. Notice that always happens to people who don't like reptiles.

I don't believe that came out of a toilet, I have seen snakes that have done that in other places but I think it was probably someones pet that probably escaped and made it there. It didn't seem to be in bad shape and looked very pretty.

That would be a dream come true!!! Do you all believe the crap about snakes entering in through toilets? I just don't see how that would be possible but everytime a snake is found they blame it on plumbing,lol.

Though I don't believe a 5' boa would go through plumbing and end up in a toilet, I will say that it's completely possible for frogs to do so. A couple years back on some rainy summer day I found a cuban tree frog in my upstairs toilet right when I lifted the cover... Took me a bit to catch it and release it, but I'm convinced it came through the toilet since it would've been difficult for it to get in through any windows and end up inside the closed toilet.

All I want to find in my sofa is my long lost Tennille (Corn snake). LOL.

It would be FUN to find a bigger snake... but that's like asking to win the lottery. LOL.

Back