• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

making a incubator

hezikiawilson

Hey I am going to be making an incubator and was wondering if you guys had any good ideas. I was thinking of taking an old fridge and gutting it and turning it into an incubator but i'm still trying to work out the details. so any thoughts?

my recipe for making an incubator:

Get a styrofoam tub like you use to put fish in at your local store.

Put a UTH viv heater in the bottom, and hook it up to a thermostat.

lay 4 water bottles w/ water in them on top of that.

Put a lid to a tupperware tub (you can trim this up its just so the container won't roll around)

Put your container in with 2 water bottles on each side.

Put a thermometer in the egg container.

air-tight seal the lid.

Put the lid on.

I have pics somewhere but I cant seem to find them right now. Oh well :shrugs:

Hey I am going to be making an incubator and was wondering if you guys had any good ideas. I was thinking of taking an old fridge and gutting it and turning it into an incubator but i'm still trying to work out the details. so any thoughts?

That's what I did and it's working great. I use a single 11" piece of flexwatt and a thermostat. I've also got an aquarium hood fan to circulate the heat; it keeps it within 2 degrees from top to bottom.

Attachments

• Incubator.jpg
    Incubator.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 193
I found the pics!! This goes in the order of the steps.

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00858-1.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

nice incubators I was going to make an incubator this season but I was able to make it without upgrading but I really like the fridge idea. the fan is a good idea and the water bottles help keep temp so thanks

I converted a small upright freezer, much easier to work with, and way lighter. I also went with a reservoir with submersible aquarium heaters instead of flexwatt for humidity. It was really simple and works great.

Incubator_IV0006.jpg

Back