• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has anyone ever seen the movies, "Eraserhead", or "Gummo"?

Taxidermy

everything under the sun.
If so - I know they are a little out there with no sense behind either of the films ... but I feel oddly drawn to movies like this.

eraserhead.jpg

If you haven't; Eraserhead focuses around a man named Henry who has a child with a woman, he doesn't know he had gotten pregnant. It was made in 1977, by David Lynch - and revolves around Henry and his mutated child that's cries drive him to the point of insanity. It's too out there to understand - and there doesn't seem to be a meaning behind the film. OF COURSE, there is, just very little people seem to understand what he was trying to say with this film.

gummo131.jpg

"Gummo" - many people are disgusted by this film by Harmony Korine, who is also the creator of "Kids", and "Julien Donkey-Boy". It's about a town Xenia, Ohio that was hit by a tornado - and shows how devastated the lives of it's inhabitants are after the disaster. It focuses on a few characters that you see repetitively in the film, Tummler and Solomon who are two boys that kill stray cats for money (the movie is actually pretty graphic, about showing how these animals die, but you never really see them kill the animal except in the opening scene of the film).

If anyone has seen these and knows any other films that have the same feel - I'm all ears.

I've seen Eraserhead. Once is enough. Gummo has been recommended to me, and I'd like to see it; I just haven't.

I also want to see Gates of Heaven, but haven't. Have you seen Fast, Cheap and Out of Control? Or An American Movie? (I say those, because I love them both, and the person who told me to watch Eraserhead told me about them0.

No, I don't believe I've heard of those; I will definately, look into them, though - I love unusual movies, and you should definately see Gummo if you have a strong stomach.

What are those movies about?

So is it weird that at Amazon.com, when I'm looking at the DVD Fast, Cheap and Out of Control, you know down at the bottom where it says people who bought this item also bought....Vernon, Florida, Gates of Heaven, and a bunch of other films I have that I didn't tell you about?

Gates of Heaven is about a pet cemetery. Fast, Cheap is about a guy who studies mole rats, a lion tamer, a topiary gardener and a robot maker. American Movie is about a guy whose dream in life is to make a film, and to finance the film, it shows him making another film, Coven. Vernon, Florida is about the weird people who live there.

:C Oh man, I'm gonna' have to take your word on all of these and make a list to watch, Nanci! They all sound awesome - it's no wonder they're all somehow linked on amazon.com. You must have good taste, in movies. C: hahahah.

Check out Tetsuo: The Iron Man if you have a strong stomach and don't mind subtitles. It is definitely a rated R film, not one for the kiddos.

Back