• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update: W/C Rosy Boa

tyflier

[Insert Witty Commentary]
I caught this girl last Thursday night, April 30, in southern Inyo County. She is my first ever wild Rosy, and on top of that...she is among the lightest color I have ever seen, and she is perfect. There is not a single scar or scale out of place on this beautiful little girl.

Anyhow...She ate for me already...a live rat fuzzy. Soon enough I hope to get her on f/t, but the fact that she ate in less than a week of being caught is a good sign. She has a name. A very simlpe, non-creative name...she will be called Rosie.

So...since she ate and is a "confirmed keeper"...I took some updated pictures. Full body shots were requested, so...here they are!

Attachments

• Dorsal.jpg
    Dorsal.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 55
  • LtGracia2.jpg
    LtGracia2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 55
  • LtGracia.jpg
    LtGracia.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 55
Glad she's eating well for you, Chris! She's a beauty...my rosy is my favorite snake. Great shots!

Glad she's eating well for you, Chris! She's a beauty...my rosy is my favorite snake. Great shots!

Thanks!

My buddy has a CA Prop. Permit, and he has a male that is F1 cb from wild parents that were both caught from the same road 5 and 6 years ago. When this little girl is big enough, we're going to breed her to his male. Hopefully we can get some really, REALLY nice locality babies from them...without collecting any more boas from this area...He still has the w/c adults, as well, so I should be able to get a presumably unrelated male from him for myself...

looks a lot like my San Matias rosy. very beautiful!! My rosy is my fav 2, but also the only snake that has ever bit me!!!

Mine..... He's captive though :)
Picture217-1.jpg

She's beautiful!!! Congrats on having her eat for you already. Hope you keep us updated on her progress in captivity with you.

She's a cutie! Those rosies are just the cutest things! Mine is very amusing as well--when he's hungry he will scale the side of the tank and squeeze himself into the ledge and circle the top of the tank.

Back