• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Blue Apple herp modification

Buzzard

two corny
The gang at Blue Apple Herp has a DIY snake rack instructions that are Awesome.... http://www.blueappleherps.com/page13/page13.html

This past week end I ended up modifying it for a smaller size rack for a few baby corns. Now since this was my first snake rack, I didnt want to go all nuts and make it 15 teir or anything. So I took some small shoebox containers that I purchased for (5 for)3.50 at Walmart. and built a little 4 rack, Just to see if I could do it. And here it is......
snakephotoshoot009-1.jpg

I added the knobs just because I made it a little tight so the little buggers would not squeeze out. Added alot of holes for ventalation and since the room they are in is Temp controled, I did not have to add heat.

Total rack cost, $17.00 for a 4 teir hatchling rack. It took about 3 hours to build.

Great job!!! I WAS gonna make a DIY rack, but MY plans called for $216.00! LOL. Needless to say, that was a non-starter.

I'll have to check out the plans... Perhaps modify them for bigger snakes.

Question... did you heat it? Can we see more pics?

Thanks everyone,

I'll take more pics tomorrow, and the plan is to build the larger one that the gang at Blue Apple has designed.

There is no heat in this one. The room it is in is Temp controlled so there is no need.

Back