• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hilarious Story!!!

Brewster320

Ok so today me and my girlfriend were out doing stuff and we went to CVS. She had to pick up a prescription and we were waiting for her pills. So we just walked around the store in the men time. Well i was in the back of the store and my girlfriend was at the front when this happened. A man went up the register and asked for some cigarettes and the cashier was ringing him up when she freaked out and started screaming randomly. She then jumped over the counter towards man screaming. At this point the man jumped back and everyone was completely freaked out. the poor girl then started smashing her fist against manger's office door. The man and my girlfriend looked at each other like "what the heck?". The manager and a pharmacist came out of the office and the girl started screaming. During this whole time I was in the back of the store and could only hear the screaming and was wondering what was going on. My girlfriend then came and got me and told me to come. The manger went behind the counter and then jumped back in and screamed "SNAKE!". I was like "Oh boy...". So me and my girlfriend went over the the register and right there on the counter was a little garter snake looking at us. I asked the manger if it was ok for me to go around to the other side of the register and she goes "Do what ever you need to!". I then went around, grabbed the snake by the tail and my girlfriend reached over the counter and grabbed a CVS bag and opened it for me. I put the snake in and wrapped the bag shut. the whole time everyone in the store watching us lol. the manger goes to me and my girlfriend "Wow you have guts, I'm surprised you weren't afraid", well you should've seen the look on her face when I said I had 11 snakes at home lol.

I think its just funny what where the chances I would be there when a snake popped up and also I've ben trying to figure out where the snake came from. This CVS is in the middle of town, with a busy parking lot, main street, highway, and a few side streets all around it lol. It was funny because actually I've been thinking about getting a mate for my garter Griffen for a while. Guess he/she found me though lol. Perfect size too! About the same size as Griffen. So with no less to do I introduce to you "CVS' or "CV" for short lol!

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03598.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

Wild Animals from the Urban Jungle!! LOL!! Probably slithered in an open door, when they were getting a delivery.

Nice find!

Wayne

What are the odds of that!. Great opportunity to be the hero, though. Normally I'm a fan of putting snakes back where you found them, but I think if you did that in this case you might get arrested. I'm surprised that they'd be so frightened over it, though. It's a beautiful snake, and doesn't look that large. Very funny story, and strange coincidence that this happened with a snake keeper in the store at the time. Maybe it was just meant to be?.

Very cool! I keep waiting for my hero moment or awesome craigslist find, but it just hasn't happened yet. I have an open viv just waiting for it...

Ya I probably would've gotten introuble for releasing it back into it's "Natural Habitat". I'm also pretty sure it would've have been a good idea to just bring it outside. My two guess where it came from are it some how got pass all the traffic and crawled in the door unnoticed, or in the loaing dock or it was in a stow away in some packages and crawled out while they were unpacking stuff. Its not large at all its only about foot or a little more, itsa yearling I'm guessing because its the same size as my garter and thats how old he is. The manger thought it was a odd coincidence and asked me if I put the snake there lol!

Very cool! I keep waiting for my hero moment or awesome craigslist find, but it just hasn't happened yet. I have an open viv just waiting for it...
Just sneak your biggest, baddest snake into your local pharmacy next time you go, and then play hero by saving the public from it. Then show them your ability to tame it and kill 2 birds with one stone; you get to be the hero, and the people see the softer side of snakes. It's a win-win!.

Kewl story! Congrats on the find and for being the hero.

Just be sure you quarantine the snake before "adding it to your collection". Then you're good to go!

Congrats on an awesome find and rescue!

One question, though. Are you prepared to let it go if it's not adjusting well to captivity?

Just sneak your biggest, baddest snake into your local pharmacy next time you go, and then play hero by saving the public from it. Then show them your ability to tame it and kill 2 birds with one stone; you get to be the hero, and the people see the softer side of snakes. It's a win-win!.

Not really.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090813/news/908139969

Congrats on an awesome find and rescue!

One question, though. Are you prepared to let it go if it's not adjusting well to captivity?

Ya thats realy not a problem. There are other places around town were I could release this garter. I just figure under the odd circumstances I'd keep it. Also I'm going to have to check to see if hopefully I have a male and female now.

"well you should've seen the look on her face when I said I had 11 snakes at home lol. "

Oh wow, that would have been priceless!

Nice find, I guess it's the best way to come across a wild caught too, since there really wasn't any way you could release her near where you found her.

Back