• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Birthday Hike...

tyflier

[Insert Witty Commentary]
Yup...I'm now closer to 40 than I am to 30. I s'pose it was bound to happen...

Anyhow...went for a nice solo day hike yesterday up a short but steep trail in the John Muir Wilderness in search of waterfalls and wildlife. Didn't find a ton of either, but came away with a few cool shots...

tyee1.jpg

The first in the string known as Tyee Lakes. I think there are 3 or 4 total. Not sure as this was my first hike up there, and I stopped at the first lake. It's long and steep...and I smoke. Next time I'll go further...

ovipositing-dragonfly.jpg

This cool dragonfly landed close enough that I got a REALLY nice shot of her ovipositing. There were small rainbow and golden trout fry swimming around eating the eggs...

tyee-cascades.jpg

I found this tiny trickle of a stream on the way back down. I faintly heard water, and just followed it to these really small cascades that rain in a winding staircase into little plunge pools. Really cool little stream.

south-fork-falls.jpg

This is a smal feeder stream that flows into South Fork Bishop Creek after going over these gorgeous falls that you can see from the road. This was my second try at getting these falls. This one is much better than the last attempt...

Thanks for taking the time to look!

What beautiful pictures, such natural beauty. That last fall picture looks beautiful...and I love the scenic view of the lake with the rolling mountains in the background.

Great photos as usual Chris! So glad you had a good birthday, doing something you really enjoy :)

I really like the effect of the water going over the falls, sort of misty/smokey looking, very nice!

Beautiful wallpaper quality pics, Chris.
I like the white and blue and brown and black on that dragonfly's abdomen/ovipositor.
Looks like a totem pole.

Back