• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Het pied ball python results are in: I GOT A PIED!!!

Blue Apple Herps

aka Matthew, PhD
This clutch hatched right before I left for vacation a week ago. So I haven't posted pictures yet. Anyways, I never thought much of pieds until I saw one in person a few years back. They became a "must have" snake for me. Seeing that they were way to expensive, I purchased a pair of het pieds and they went for me this year. I got 6 good eggs and all went to term.

When they hatched out, this little girl crawled out!! It was a little intense as I got worried as she crawled out without absorbing much of her yolk, but luckily she pulled through and ended up absorbing most of it. These were shot right after the last little bit dried up and fell off.

I couldn't be more thrilled as I finally have my pied ball python!! Was hoping for a male, but I'll try again next year. Haven't taken pics of the rest of the clutch, they're just normals so nothing special. Anyways here she is, these were the best I got before she started getting antsy.

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 108
What a beauty!!! I love her little white tail! You definitely deserve something _good_ to happen this year. I heard, I think, that one might have to wait through 40??? eggs to get their pied- you hit the odds early!! Congratulations!!

I am not really a fan of ball pythons, but man that is a good looking snake. I would not mind having a couple of them, thats for sure.

I love that pied look, she is lovely! I think a ball python is in my future, probably a spider (thats what the gf wants).

Thanks for the compliments everyone!! Now she just needs to eat, though both her parents are voracious garbage disposals, so hopefully she'll take after them.

Sweet! more pics...looks to be high white?

She's not as high white as others I've seen, but I guess I'd call her a high white. I'll snap some more pics after she sheds which should be any day now...

What a beauty!!! I love her little white tail! You definitely deserve something _good_ to happen this year. I heard, I think, that one might have to wait through 40??? eggs to get their pied- you hit the odds early!! Congratulations!!

Thanks Nanci. Actually pied in ball pythons is just simple recessive, so its only a 1/4 chance. But since their clutches are relatively small, its quite easy to miss even those odds.

Last edited:
Back