• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally named the Gargoyle Geckos...with pics!

ZoologyGirl

Under Tank Heather
So I finally got around to naming the Gargoyle Geckos I got from Sewerfest on Aug 2. It's hard naming unsexed animals! I decided to go with a Tolkien theme...and came up with Eldar and Avari.

I have pics to go with them...but you'll have to excuse the poor lighting...I have no lighting yet for my setup (no money!) so I had to use my built in camera flash...hence the bad shadows.

They are both in their lighter 'daylight' colors right now...the colors get more intense/darker in the evening.

First up is Eldar.

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

And second is Avari.

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

I don't know how I missed these, Heather! They're both GORGEOUS!

Want to know what's DANGEROUS? They have at least one at my favorite local pet store!!! :D

i should probably get more photos of these guys...avari has gotten bigger...eldar is still teeny but slowly getting bigger. Im tentatively leaning towards avari being female. Eldar is still too small to hazard a guess (though i wouldnt mind if that one turned out male...it'd make a great male breeder with all his orange)

Back