• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I have a new friend... sooner than expected.

Shiari

Blutterer
So ceduke decided to get me a desert glossy snake for my birthday. Mind, I was expecting to get it a bit closer *to* my birthday... >_> But he's here now which means that tomorrow is "put together a proper tank WHEEEE!"-day. I have also emailed the california department of fish and game asking about any permits needed to keep this gift-snake who is a long-term captive that was collected in New Mexico.

However, in the mean time... I would like to present you with my as of yet unnamed Desert Glossy Snake. He is so handsome, and really quite calm.

Attachments

• glossy3.jpg
    glossy3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 106
  • glossy6.jpg
    glossy6.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 106
  • glossy1.jpg
    glossy1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 106
  • glossy4.jpg
    glossy4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 105
What a good friend to give you a nice shiny gift like that.
That's a good looking snake, I like the dorsal colors.

Heeee, when the FedEx guy got here this morning I bounced to the door and was all "Ooooooooh, is that my snake?!?!" and he couldn't hand the box over fast enough! :D :D I'm glad you like him!

Cathy you are cruel person to do that to the fed-ex guy. XD Thankyou so SO much sis! *hugs*

Ahhhh, so THIS is the snake that came in today! :p

Congrats!!! It is a pretty thing! You'll have to tell us about the care and nature of the glossy snake sometime.

Care is actually very similar to corns, except that they should be about 5 degrees warmer on the warm side of their enclosure.

Wow, I love it! Never knew they were so corn-like in appearance, almost more Emoryi. Love the coloring. So cool!

Absolutely beautiful snake; how cool of a present!!. What a great giver and friend, and thank you very much for sharing!.

Wow, I love it! Never knew they were so corn-like in appearance, almost more Emoryi. Love the coloring. So cool!

They are in the rat snake family, there in the same "Tribe" as our North American Rats. But ya it really does have a real emoryi look to it. Looks awesome. I wonder why you don't see them for sale often(cough cough NEVER!). Its a shame they are a cool looking animal.

They're probably not seen often because they aren't terribly common to begin with, and they're rather "bland" and small compared to most pet snakes. Typically it seems to be larger or more vibrantly colored/patterned animals in the pet trade. Just like you really don't see too many gopher snakes, bull snakes, and normal texas rat's.

They're probably not seen often because they aren't terribly common to begin with, and they're rather "bland" and small compared to most pet snakes. Typically it seems to be larger or more vibrantly colored/patterned animals in the pet trade. Just like you really don't see too many gopher snakes, bull snakes, and normal texas rat's.

Maybe for people like you who live in the snakes own home range but up here in New England I see tons of gophers and bulls at every show but I still have never seen a glossy snake in my life. I find it odd. Next expo I go to though I'll purposely keep my eyes out for one just to se if I've misses any before. they seem like a really cool snake though, hows that ones temperment?

Definitely must be the area, then.

He's wonderfully calm. A little bit skittish if *you* try to move him about though. He seems to prefer to drape himself around your hand and just stay there. Forever. Good luck. :) As a species they are much more prone to flailing in attempts to flee than bite.

They are in the rat snake family, there in the same "Tribe" as our North American Rats. But ya it really does have a real emoryi look to it. Looks awesome. I wonder why you don't see them for sale often(cough cough NEVER!). Its a shame they are a cool looking animal.

That's why I bought him a month early. I saw him and figured that if he was gone by the end of the month I'd NEVER find another one (or if I did, the odds of it being a well-established feeder were zilch)

Back