• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My C & R Thrill for the Day!

The_Thunderer

Well, I was sitting here admiring the "micro pigs" post when my phone rang. My buddy at the barn found a 2 foot rattler and wanted to know if he should kill it or if I wanted to catch it and do "whatever". You all know me, I love a challenge, so I told him I'd be right there.

Armed only with a gardening hoe and an old resealable detergent bucket, I went out and caught and released THIS!

I'm fairly sure that it is a Western Diamondback... but the experts are free to correct me.
DSC02829.jpg

Slithering cautiously away....
DSC02830.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

OOPS... left the cover there... LOL.
DSC02833.jpg

No real hole there, huh?
DSC02834.jpg

Now he's REALLY pissed...
DSC02835.jpg

He's a pretty handsome guy... just too HOT for me.
DSC02836.jpg

This is as close as I'm gonna get...
DSC02838.jpg

Okay, I lied... CLOSER still! :)
DSC02839.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! I had fun too!

Great pictures Fred. Very Western Diamond Back. Just a note: Western Diamond Backs count for more venomous snake bites in the US than all the other venomous snakes combined. I just thought your wife would like to know that.

Fred, stop using photobucket, or what ever photo site you are using. I cannot see your images at work, this is not the first time. I would like to say "thats pretty cool, and yes it is an atrox" but I have no idea.

Seriously, get a new pic server, I wunna see some cool pics too. :eatsmiley

Awesome, Fred!!
What a pretty boy!!!!
Thanks, you two! I'm just now starting to breathe again! LOL.

Great pictures Fred. Very Western Diamond Back. Just a note: Western Diamond Backs count for more venomous snake bites in the US than all the other venomous snakes combined. I just thought your wife would like to know that.
:fullauto: Thanks, Wade... you DO know that my wife created an account on here to keep tabs on me, don't you? LOL.

Sorry, my dear! You DO know how careful I am. :p

Fred, stop using photobucket, or what ever photo site you are using. I cannot see your images at work, this is not the first time. I would like to say "thats pretty cool, and yes it is an atrox" but I have no idea.

Seriously, get a new pic server, I wunna see some cool pics too. :eatsmiley

I'm sorry, Mike. I didn't realize it was an issue. Got any suggestions??

Fred, that second pic and the last pic would make great computer wallpapers. Maybe not on your wife's computer, though. LOL.

I'm sorry, Mike. I didn't realize it was an issue. Got any suggestions??

Its not really a big deal, I was just giving you a hard time. Ill have to remember which threads to go dig up whenever I get online at home. But, Personally, I upload to the forum itself, so that everyone can see. I know there are also other photo hosting sites, but do not go to that trouble.

Ill check them out at home, Im sure they look cool. :)

Fred, that second pic and the last pic would make great computer wallpapers. Maybe not on your wife's computer, though. LOL.
LOL. I think that is a GREAT idea... EVEN on my wife's computer. Perhaps I should go around to ALL the computers on campus and load it up?? :) :devil01:

Its not really a big deal, I was just giving you a hard time. Ill have to remember which threads to go dig up whenever I get online at home. But, Personally, I upload to the forum itself, so that everyone can see. I know there are also other photo hosting sites, but do not go to that trouble.

Ill check them out at home, Im sure they look cool. :)
I would load them up on the forum itself, but trying to resize them is hard for me. LOL. Photobucket resizes them automatically to the standard for this site (I think). I WILL see what I can do, however. No sense taking pictures that even SOME folks can't see. I'll take it as a suggestion!

Very cool Fred....Glad you saved that fellow X2 if you get what I mean.
Thanks! No sense killing a creature that only helps us out in the long run.

Very cool! I am not sure I would want to handle a hot, kudos to you for saving him!
Oh, I don't handle them hardly at all. As I was walking over, I was HOPING to myself, "Please let it be small enough to handle safely... Please let it be small enough to handle safely... " LOL. I really DO need to save up for a pair of nice snake grabbers.

Back