• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling Snappers and Changing GTP photos

TrpnBils

22 is not enough snakes
First photos are of some hatchling common snappers we came across about a month ago...they look so innocent until they get big and try to rip your face off.

Second photos are of one of our Green Tree Pythons - well into the color shift at 5 months old. None of the others have started their change yet. I gotta say, I'm really liking these guys. I never thought I'd have the patience to really enjoy something as finicky as a tiny snake... they've got such cool personalities though. Some are calm enough to handle without being bitten and others consistently strike at the sides of their tubs when we're in the room. It's kinda neat to see the differences just among siblings.

August212009009.jpg

August212009008.jpg

August212009010.jpg

September172009005.jpg

September172009017.jpg

September172009024.jpg

September172009033.jpg

The snappers are adorable. When I was a teenager, my brothers and I caught a baby snapper. We kept him in a kiddie pool on our porch and would buy feeder fish to watch him eat them. Also, he liked anchovies and cat food. He was very cute, but my mom made us release him before the autumn because she wasn't going to let us keep him in the house.

Though when I was 3 or 4, my father brought home a big turtle (don't know what kind) that he found injured when he was fishing. He used duct tape to fix his shell and we kept him all winter. He lived in the bath tub. My mom had pics of me feeding him lettuce and swimming with him in the tub.

Back