• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Happy new Jewish year!

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
Hey all,
It's Rosh Hashana today(started yesterday actually) and according to the Hebrew calendar, this is the beginning of a new year.
So, Jewish or not, have a perfect, wonderful and amazing year you all

Oren.

As my friend Tamie wrote:

"According to the Jewish calendar, the year is 5770. According to the Chinese calendar, the year is 4706. This means that the Jews went without Chinese food for 1064 years; this period is known as The Dark Ages."

Happy New Year!

Hey all,
It's Rosh Hashana today(started yesterday actually) and according to the Hebrew calendar, this is the beginning of a new year.
So, Jewish or not, have a perfect, wonderful and amazing year you all

Oren.

Same to you!

As my friend Tamie wrote:

"According to the Jewish calendar, the year is 5770. According to the Chinese calendar, the year is 4706. This means that the Jews went without Chinese food for 1064 years; this period is known as The Dark Ages."

Happy New Year!

hehehe

Thank you all

Oren, did you make any resolutions? Are you going to quit smoking, drinking and eating pork?

Yeah, and stop hitting little kids...
Seriously though, I don't smoke, drink or eat pork. (nor hit kids)
I decided to continue with snake keeping... does that count?

Thank you, Oren, Happy Rosh Hashana to you, too.

Of course, that means Yom Kippur is soon to follow ~sighs~ Not my favorite day. Only Jews would set aside a special day to beat up on themselves. ~LOL~

Never saw Yom Kippur described that way before, hehehe
I actually view it in a wholly different way though... to look at it as a day in which you can ask and receive for forgiveness directly from God...
But your description of it is quite good too :p

~LOL~ maybe it is just me . . . sometimes, as I start to think about all the people I might have wronged in the previous year and might need to ask forgiveness from, the list gets very looooooong and I get a little depressed. I am probably not thinking about it in quite the correct light ~grins~

Of course, that means Yom Kippur is soon to follow ~sighs~ Not my favorite day. Only Jews would set aside a special day to beat up on themselves. ~LOL~

Hey, it's only ONE day to atone. Compare that to the Christian tradition of 40 days that are set aside for Lent. As Jon Stewart said (LONG before he took the reins of The Daily Show), "Even in salvation, you guys are still paying full retail!" :grin01:

Dale

Hey, it's only ONE day to atone. Compare that to the Christian tradition of 40 days that are set aside for Lent. As Jon Stewart said (LONG before he took the reins of The Daily Show), "Even in salvation, you guys are still paying full retail!" :grin01:

Dale

Oh, is that what Lent is for? :shrugs: I never really knew ~LOL~ I just thought you had to give up something for awhile. . . I never really thought about why you do it . . . :p (<-- me, sheepish) hehe

Back