• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has anyone seen one of these?

Malice

calgar3.jpg

It's a garter snake of some sort... My daughter fell in love with the picture.

Yep, looks like a San Fran. My daughter was disappointed by its endangered status, but she still thinks it's pretty.

I think they look like Puget Sound Garters, I know there is a breeder whose name I can't remember, but Dean will, he had some.

Ok, how about a blue-striped garter or a scarlet kingsnake? Anyone know where to find one or the other?

Yup, thats the guy. Dean had some from Scott.
Awesome Garters..
San Fran and another red sided garter
are illegal to posess in Cali, but other states can get them..
Kinda bites..
I'll stick with my ACG..

I think it's a

California red-sided neon phase blue garter. They are a rather new morph of the Cali Reds, the hypo form also exist.

If you're interested in purchasing on there are a few members on the thamnophis forum that have them. Scott also breeds them, heres a link with photos:

http://www.albinogartersnake.com/pricing.htm

Upon doing a quick Google search, I found that exact image here. The title of the picture is 'calgar', which made me think California Garter. It appears as though everybody else is correct. It is a San Francisco Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia).

Something similar I just found is a Neon Blue California Red Sided Garter. They're stunning, and that website has lots and lots of Garter choices. Just make sure you do your research first! :)

I needed to read this before I posted.....all well, two links for Scott is a good sign! ;)

Back