• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kez my new foster boy and my baby Shadow

kshannon

I am fostering a really awesome cat for Brazos Feral Cat Allies. I just wanted to show him off along with my big boy Shadow who I adopted about 3 years ago from them. You will notice Kez happens to be missing something they do not know what happened to his leg, except it was a clean removal.

Kez is the orange tabby & Shadow is the big black cat.

Attachments

• Kez 1.JPG
    Kez 1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 86
  • Shadow 1.JPG
    Shadow 1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Shadow 2.JPG
    Shadow 2.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Kez 2.JPG
    Kez 2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
Awww... Was he found with his leg removed already?? or they had to remove it...? They are both lucky :) Your kitty Shadow looks just like my kitty Nita... :)

What a cute little hop-a-long! Good thing he's got someone to take care of him. Shadow is precious too. Looks a little supprised. :)

Thank you! Shadow always looks horrible in pictures.

If I understood them correctly he showed up on someones doorstep and hung around for awhile. Then he disapeared and came back missing something. I don't know how much of his leg he was missing. The vet did remove some of it also. He had his stiches removed on Friday.

Update

Well if things keep going well between my cat and Kez I will adopt him. He is a really cool cat and my family lucked out that he came into our life.

Thank you! I never thought Shadow would except another cat, but they have shared my lap together twice now. I wish I knew cat psychology better they rough house with each other a lot especially after I let Kez out of his room.

Rough kitty games are normal for young adult cats. If neither are laying back their ears & hissing, and nobody is bleeding, it's all OK

Beautiful kitties! It's awesome that you're fostering too....I love doing it for the local humane society now. :)

Rough kitty games are normal for young adult cats. If neither are laying back their ears & hissing, and nobody is bleeding, it's all OK

That is good to know, every once in awhile I will hear a hiss. I figured since the fur isn't flying they are just testing each other and working out their differences. I will probably go make everything official tommorow.

It has been very rewarding fostering Kez, I really wasn't planning on adopting him. I didn't think Shadow would be as good as he has been. I took it extremely slow introducing them, and I held or let them sniff each other through a very high dog gate until I thought they would be ok. It took over a week to do.

cuteness! i have four cats, all rescued/adopted at different times and ages, so i know if does take time for them to get used to each other. they will still sometimes hiss and wrestle, but it's usually over quick and usually starts because the littlest one wants to play :) kez and shadow are both adorable. my black cat only has one eye... there's something sweet about giving a disabled animal the best life it can have. always a nice thing to do :)

Back