• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My pink southern pinesnake progression thread

Lovin2act

I gave my wife herps
Got this little lady from New Age Reptile.com a couple months back for my girlfriend but never really took any pics. My girlfriend thought it was the coolest thing ever to see a solid light pink snake, so she let me buy her (I was betting on it when I showed her a pic) :D

Well I came home from work last night and she was out and about looking totally gorgeous and I had to snap some shots. She is barely 2 feet long and is a total sweetheart thank goodness! Not everyone will love her look as much as I do but thats ok, we all have our opinions and thats good for the snakes we love so that they all find good homes where they will be loved no matter what they look like right!
:cheers:

So here is our Pink Southern Pinesnake, little miss Rosalita:

Attachments

• IMG00230-20100503-1653 (Medium).jpg
    IMG00230-20100503-1653 (Medium).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00238-20100503-1704 (Medium).jpg
    IMG00238-20100503-1704 (Medium).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00239-20100503-1705 (Medium).jpg
    IMG00239-20100503-1705 (Medium).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00242-20100503-1720 (Medium).jpg
    IMG00242-20100503-1720 (Medium).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48
She's gorgeous!!! Why is she pink? What, genetically, makes her so?

I wont argue that :D

As far as why she is pink...well I dont really know to be honest haha! I do know (from what I have read) that it is a form of leucism that makes them go solid pink rather than pure solid white. Why that is though...you got me! I am not much of a knowledge base on my morph genetics like some others are...I just like cool snakes and that's good enough for me :bird:

I'll google for some info and see what I can find cause you sparked my curiosity now too! :cheers:

Back