• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Curly Tailed Lizard

PJ@PJCReptiles

This girl wanted to have her picture taken as well. She is the last of a group of 5 that I had purchased from NERD a few years back. She now eats off the tongs and has tried some fruits and hoping to find some apple blossoms this year for her to try.

Attachments

• Curly tail 42010.jpg
    Curly tail 42010.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 66
She's pretty! I haven't heard of them before. It looks like she's a pretty good size.

I would say she is about 7 to 8" long with her tail. She is fast, but has come to trust me offering food on the tongs for her. Once, she got out and I was freaking out! She was just sitting on top of her light like it was no big deal. I tried to get her, of course, but that was asking too much. Being so fast, I ended up with her tail in my hand AND she let her tail go. I was so freaked out while amazed at the same time.

I have seen pictures of how some lizards are able to drop their tails. It was picture perfect! No blood! The end that she dropped continued to move for about 30 minutes and that was just weird. I felt real bad because I must not have closed the little cap on the plastic cover where I offer her food on the tongs. So it was my fault she lost her tail.

Her tail has since grown back just fine. It grew back real fast too. Amazing how they have such skills to survive!

I started with a colony of 5 Curly Tails, one alpha male and four females. The female I still have was/is the alpha female. When I found the male dead this past fall, she was laying on top of him. It was sad. She is doing great now, interacts with me more. Putting into a smaller home seems to have helped her too.

#1, #2, and #5 are the female
#3 and #4 are the male

Attachments

• Curl_F1.jpg
    Curl_F1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Curl_F2.jpg
    Curl_F2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Curl_M1.jpg
    Curl_M1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17
  • Curl_M2.jpg
    Curl_M2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Curly tail 32010 (7)a.jpg
    Curly tail 32010 (7)a.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 17
That is really interesting, PJ! Thanks for the information on them. I didn't know they regenerated their tails. I'm sure it freaked you out when she dropped it, though! LOL

I remember that day she dropped her tail............That was interesting..
:roflmao: She was just hanging out on top of her cage with the fake rubber lizards....
....very sly.

~~'manda

Back