• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

pics of the newest arrivals

4riscorn

ACR#774 NevaeH Reptiles
Here are a couple pics of our newest pickups from the Repticon
Sinbad looking pretty and having fun with Jake's glasses.
IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Picasso cruising his tub
IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

Zippy downing his first meal...he was so easy to get to feed and squeezed the f/t fuzzies so hard that blood squirted out..he meant business!
IMG_0022.JPG

Guess he likes to do things backwards!
IMG_0023.JPG

We are hoping Picasso doesn't turn into a biter. He came after me the other day and tagged me twice but did not actually bite. And boy he is fast!! So we thought we'd give him more settling time....and use gloves for a while just in case.

LOL! Well the babies are known to be a little feisty! Just be patient and be persistent with the handling and hopefully he will turn out to be a well mannered snake :)

And yay for sissy gloves! LOL! I have a pair myself :p

:cheers:

Yeah, just remember basic training methods. If he is acting up and you put him back in his viv your giving him what he wants (solitude and not being handled) Be brave now little bites won't hurt, better now while he is small then when he gets bigger.

BRBs are known for being slightly more aggressive than other boa species by nature. It may take a bit of work to get it out of him. A local BRB breeder that I know has to work a lot with his progeny and sometimes his never calm down, on the other hand he has a female that is as laid back as my best corn.
You will have to let me know how he does in the tub- I have resisted purchasing one for a while now just due to the BRB's demand for higher temps and constant humidity (much more humidity than what we see here in Washington). If they do well in tubs, I may have to actually go get one! (They are my most favorite snake).
That being said, he is gorgeous!

Back