PDA

View Full Version : Disapointing Show for Corns

Disapointing Show for Corns

Hope H
06-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Unless they all sold before 11:00 am, there was not much of a selection on corns at all at the Harvre de Grace Show in MD. Actually, hardly any at all :( . I will hopefully find my Butter at another. I did get a sweet Ball Python Ringer; 9 months old. Couldn't leave empty handed...

Elaphe_Mo
06-10-2002, 11:22 AM
I guess I'm glad I didn't make it then (I was at a sci-fi convention in Baltimore instead). Maybe next month will be better. There are usually a couple people there with corns. In fact, some of the prettiest snakes I have, including my ambers, came from one particular breeder who is always at that show. Hopefully July will be a bigger month for corns.

Hope H
06-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Well, your words are encouraging. There were literally only about 6 corns at the whole show, and 2 of them were were tiny albinos that were sickly looking. I thought maybe this just isn't Corn season yet. Lots of Ball Pythons though. Do you know of anyone local that has Butters?

Elaphe_Mo
06-11-2002, 09:35 AM
but I think it'll be a couple years before I'll be selling any unfortunately. I don't think I've seen butters at the MD show, but that doesn't mean there won't be any this year...like I said I got some really nice ambers there in '00. Also a word of warning...I've seen at least 1 dealer and maybe others who've had lots of corns which were labeled either blatantly falsely, or at very least exaggerated, and that breeder showed no sign of understanding the genetics very well. So check whatever you are looking at and make sure you know what you are getting.

Another place to check is called 2001: a fish odyssey. It is a retail store in Timonium, right near the state fair grounds. I bought several snakes there, they usually have an ok selection and prices which aren't bad for a pet store. They also really know what they are doing which is hard to find in a pet store. I would call ahead to see what they have.

Alternately, you can try to wait till September...MARS, the Mid-Atlantic Reptile Show is held at the state fair grounds and there will definitely be tons of corns there, and the biggest selection you could ask for. You just have to wait till September, which isn't easy...