PDA

View Full Version : Italian Wall Lizard - Podarcis sicula campestris 4 sale

Italian Wall Lizard - Podarcis sicula campestris 4 sale

Vinman
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I have a bunch of wild caught from a NY local that were introduced to NY in 1967. They are cold tolerant as they winter over every year and have populated many area's in the southern part of the state. A lot of them are in shed and look dull. Most of them are bright green to a deep evergreen on the back. They eat all kinds of bugs and some fruit. I 'm selling them at 5 inches to full grown. . Will ship Priority shipping through the U.S. post office . USPS Priority shipping and box charge is 15. bucks for orders up to 25 animals to the lower 48 states if you want USPS over night , price will depened on where you live. I will do fedex but it will be a more expensive for the shipping charge.

PRICES
20. EA
35. a pair
45. a trio
80. for 6
145. for 12
250. for 25
450. for 50
100 lot & bigger 8.ea

Italian Wall Lizard - Podarcis sicula campestris
Description: 6 - 8 ¼" (15 - 21 cm). Dorsal color green with a black and brown spotted line down center from neck to base of tail. White lateral stripe down each side from neck to base of tail. Ventral surface completely white, except lateral border where there are sporadic black spots. Jaw white. Eyes small. Narrow, slender lizards with small scales. Juveniles have more distinct lines and lack green stripes early on.

Lifestyle: This lizard has been introduced to L.I. from Europe. It was first introduced onto L.I. in 1967. It is abundant locally in specific localities. They thrive in urbanized areas living in and around human debris, rocks and logs. Prefer areas with sunlight, especially fields bordered with low vegetation. Primary found on the ground but will climb. Mates in spring and early summer. Young lack green stripes, and are much duller in color, with distinct stripes down back and are 1.5-3". This species is diurnal.
Attached Images