PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Frost. :(

R.I.P. Frost. :(

SnakeLuv
06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Well I was battling that abscess for 2 months with NO success. The vet needed more money and more time to find out which bacteria this was and why it was so resistant to medications. Frost when through two rounds of 4 different combinations of antibiotics by injection (240 dollars later). Sadly it was found he went septic before we could continue treatment and he passed away last night.

:( I have had this guy for 6 years and it's really hard to lose him. I had Ghost, the female, checked out and she's got a clean bill of health and even pooped all over the vet xD ahaha. Thanks for the support. :(

And to add insult to injury, the small clutch of eggs I had from the two were not fertile. (earlier in the year) So Frost's legacy died with him last night.

I will get a new mail, perhaps one with some colors, but it may be a while. :(

wstphal
06-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh, no! I am so sorry. You fought so hard for Frost. My condolences.

Nanci
06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. RIP Frost.

ssssinful-1
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I have been following your story about Frost and am so sorry to hear that he has passed. Hang in there.

SnakeLuv
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah I was about to take him back in, despite money issues, because he was beginning to drop weight not eating. Even with very small mice he just wasn't interested. That was a sign that it was probably getting bad. I wish I could have done more.

ShenziSixaxis
06-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Ah, the open wound corn. I'm personally not very surprised, an open wound that kept getting full of pus isn't good, but I still give you my condolence.

SnakeLuv
06-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah i was skeptical he would make it but I had to try

cornsnakeforsale_com
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Sorry about your snake.

(Oh... Mesa rocks by the way)

SnakeAround
06-12-2010, 06:27 AM
It's so awful when you lose a snake, even more after you have been battling its disease as much as you did :( I hope this was all bad luck you'll get for a long while!

Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
06-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm so sorry :-(.

EsotericForest
06-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss...it's hard to lose a pet, especially when you fought so hard to keep them healthy.

Susan
06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
My deepest condolences at your loss. That was a nasty wound and if 4 different antibiotics didn't touch it, there was probably none that would. MRSA-type infections are unfortunately becoming more frequently seen in both humans and animals.

Nanci
06-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I think you did a lot. More than a lot of people would do. In his memory, it might not hurt to tell his story when people say feeding live is all right, nothing ever happens. Let his story make people pay attention.

Caryl
06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss. You obviously loved Frost, and I really wish you'd at least gotten a baby from him. No one could've done more than you did. You're in my prayers.

RIP Frost.

Asbit
06-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I too was following his story and am saddened to hear he was unable to pull through. You are in my prayers as well, I know you tried very hard for your boy, and that is all that Frost or anyone else could have asked of you.

I agree that it was great of you to come on and honestly let us know how he got hurt and let us be your support network. I also think that Nanci is right you should start a brand new thread with his story start to finish graphic pics and all warning people of the dangers of feeding live.

((((((HUGS))))))

Dreamsnake
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry you lost your little snake.

SnakeLuv
06-15-2010, 11:44 PM
I am open about what I do and accept the consequences for my mistakes. I no longer feed live. They get a firm thwap on the head before feeding. Ghost will not accept F/T in any form. I have tried every measure of scenting and other methods on here with no luck. As long as it has SOME movement she gobbles it up. So it's just a matter of being very careful. I do miss my Frost.

But it has not deterred me from getting more. I will be getting another male in September (because it's my b-day present that I told my fiance he has to get for me >.>) with upgraded terrarium and all. :D I plan on going with something with some color to breed to Ghost (who is a bubblegum snow while frost was just plain snow. :)). There was a gorgeous 5 foot male (big yes) at the AZ Reptile Center I was tempted to get. I am no good on the names for the different hypes. I'll try and get pics if he is still there when I want him. He's white black muted-red and brown speckled. VERY pretty! the dark colors are more prominent than the whites. It's either that or getting a younger male that is VERY red... blood red with scattered blotches of oranges.

OH and the recent vet visit said Ghost is a little fatty, LOL so I have to watch what I'm feeding for a bit. She's been getting jumbo mice. Which are normal length but are VERY girthy. I fed these to her after her recent clutch because she dropped a frightening amount of weight after laying. These things all but gut loaded her fast... I only fed one every two weeks. I'm back on normal sized mice now... Need to get her a treadmilL!

Em Wright
06-15-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( RIP Frost, you will be missed!

SnakeLuv
06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
And thank you for the kind words. :) It's nice to not be ridiculed too harshly when I tried my best with the meek income I have. Not including th evet bills I spent over 60 bucks on Iodine solution (Bottles are like 15 bucks a piece here... it's nuts!) So I think it's safe to say I did everything short of telling the vet to do surgery to close the wound (which would not have worked) for the guy. Sadly the vet still hasn't gotten back to me on just what bacteria was infesting my boy, and now I'm to the point where I'm not gonna chase it down anymore. He's passed, and I just want to remember the good times. :)

Like these :)

http://www.eve-icsc.com/jumptools/jumpplanner.php

Frost being his usual happy self.

http://www.eve-icsc.com/jumptools/jumpplanner.php

SnakeLuv
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Oops I meant these.... >.>
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_decf0ff94c5f406dae457989070c8070.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/36/l_b35a1329f6b5428b861bb872d6ee8234.jpg

Asbit
06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
A bathtub for swimming in, and trees/stairs to climb will work wonders.