PDA

View Full Version : SNOPAL FINALLY EATING AFTER MONTHS

SNOPAL FINALLY EATING AFTER MONTHS

marshaelaine
06-13-2010, 01:47 AM
I want to thank everyone who tried to help me with "Rio", my snopal that stopped eating. I had tried everything that you all suggested. he had only eaten once in January, and twice in February. in April I started force feeding him by cutting up pinkies and stuffing in his throat, then I bought a pinkie pump and fed him that way for three weeks. he has been 42 grams for months, I was just able to keep him stable when force feeding. 10 days ago he started to eat on his own. the first 5 days he gained 3 grams and the last 5 days he gained 5 more grams. I am so excited. I just wanted to let you all know and thank you all for the encouragement and helping me not to giving up. Thanks to all or you for being there,
Marsha

ssssinful-1
06-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Glad to hear Rio's finally eating on his own. :)

Susielea
06-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Yay! That's great news, well done! :D

Caryl
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

I'm so glad! It's a great feeling when a stubborn one starts eating on its own! Kudos to you for hanging with it, and I hope Rio never turns down a meal again!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Porro
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
yaaay :cheers:

Dorgrim
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
yay! :D Im so glad you got him to eat ^_^ its always stressful when you just can't get things to work. But again! yay!

cornsnakeforsale_com
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Shoving it down their throat ain't fun. Congrats.

Nanci
06-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Congratulations! How often were you offering him meals? How long did he go between his last pumping and when he thought he would like to eat, finally?

marshaelaine
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I would always try giving him prey before I forced him to eat, but to no avail. I would feed him every five to six days. So one June 1st, five days after his last forced meal I put his prey in the container and left him for half an hour, and when I checked on him he had eaten one mouse, so I left him a while longer and he ate the other one. I was excited. and now he has eaten three times in a row.
Marsha

wstphal
06-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Congratulations! ~And~ he took 2 prey items on his first voluntary meal?! Excellent news. Let's hope the next time he goes on strike it's when he is 300+ gms and looking for lurve. :)

marshaelaine
06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you all, yes he has been eating two prey for his meals. the first meal he ate 2 peach fuzzies, and the last two he has eaten 2 fuzzies each time. I figured since he started to eat, and I didn't know if he would eat 2 at a time, so I gave him fuzzies.
Marsha