PDA

View Full Version : Adult Corn - Not Eating and Very Active

Adult Corn - Not Eating and Very Active

CAS 28
06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I have an adult Hypo corn named "Beast" hes about 4-5 years old now. He has been bred twice when he reached maturity and then again the following year. This posed a concern for me the first time he was bred because he would go off food for long periods of time in the Spring. I later learned it was a result of breeding season; he is usually very active and looking for a mate during this time.

However, this year I did not breed him and he still did his usual period of going off food and was overly active. Then finally he settled down and was eating again in late spring. Now that it is early summer I think its odd that he has refused to eat. When in his feeding tub, he constantly tries to escape. This is not normal. He has never been a picky eater and would always attack his food and try to constrict it before eating. His last meal was in the middle of May. He was eating large adult mice. I know that as corns mature they don’t need to eat as often but its been awhile and is starting to worry me. Any reasons why this is happening or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :confused:

Thank you!

CAS 28
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
One other note....People usually believe this to be attributed to changes in the tank. But I have not moved his tank, ever. The setup stays about the same. In the past, he never minded things moving around every now and then. There is both a dark hide on the warm and cool side for regulation of temperature and water bowl in the middle. So I dont believe this is a result of things changing in the tank.