PDA

View Full Version : feedin more than one mouse

feedin more than one mouse

gizmo1987uk
06-19-2010, 12:39 PM
when i went to the pet shop this week they only had small mice will it be ok to feed my corn snake two mice insteaad o one large one???/:confused:

Bartholomew
06-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I dont see a problem with that. How big are the small mice?

cornsnakeforsale_com
06-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Sure, that's no problem. Larger items are harder to digest anyway. You don't want them to be too small of course. Not that it's a problem, but it's a waste of food and money.

Nanci
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
How often do you feed your snake normally?

I would either feed two hoppers, or if the small mice are weanlings, feed one, followed by the other at a shorter interval. So, if you normally feed your snake every ten days, I'd feed a weanling now, then again in a week, then look for medium mice to feed the third week, then return to normal. I wouldn't feed an adult at less than a seven day interval.

EsotericForest
06-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Some would argue that it's easier to digest two smaller meals than one large meal anyway. It shouldn't be a problem. The convenience of feeding one mouse is for you for the most part anyway :D

Nanci
06-19-2010, 04:17 PM
(I posted this in the wrong thread and sounded like a crazy person!)

I agree, but two 17-19 gram weanlings are a big step up from the average 24-26g medium mouse. Could cause a problem.

I like snakes that eat one thing- it's way more cost effective. But my Cali king likes her two or three hoppers...And Big Jake and Janine just don't fill up with one mouse.

EsotericForest
06-19-2010, 05:31 PM
(I posted this in the wrong thread and sounded like a crazy person!)

This is why we need an edit button ;)