PDA

View Full Version : ever had one go into blue not shed?

ever had one go into blue not shed?

4riscorn
06-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Illaden, one of our snow adults went into blue, went clear, did not shed and is in blue again. All within 2 weeks. Anybody else ever had this happen?

K. Rene
06-27-2010, 02:11 AM
That's weird Gini. Not sure what that would mean. Your humidity is right I'm sure, maybe you should soak her, loosen the skin a bit.

Katie612
06-27-2010, 03:07 AM
I heard someone talking about their snake eating a shed. Could you have missed it? :shrugs:

Pal-O-Mine
06-27-2010, 07:43 AM
YES! My sand boa did this to me. Worried me to death!! Didn't really get a good answer why. It was in the winter. He had a normal shed after that.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you than that.

Devon

4riscorn
06-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, he didn't eat his shed, we check them every day, sometimes twice per day. He literally went into blue one day, out two days later and right back into it again. He has no loose skin either which is odd. This time around, his eyes are more clouded than last time too. Having pink eyesm, sometimes it is hard to tell but with him, it is obvious more so this time. I have never had a problem with his shedding before, always one piece. We'll see what happens this week. Usually our snakes do it all in one week.

4riscorn
06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Illaden shed today and did just fine. We didn't even realized he was starting to shed Monday night when we fed him until after he was done and we were wiping blood off of him, because our mice exploded in their mouths this time, and some of his skin started to come off. He did the actual shed today.

carnivorouszoo
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Glad he shed for you. Scarlet my 08 amel male is the snake we have had the longest. When we first got him he had several bad sheds while adjusting to the better environment we were able to offer. At his old home he was kept with a beardie in beardie conditions. Poor thing. He did what you describe a couple of times and then had a bad shed so I am glad yours shed ok. Also I have found sheds half disolved in water dishes before. So that is something to watch for too.