PDA

View Full Version : My Amel corn Eve stopped taking mice, getting close to shed time?

My Amel corn Eve stopped taking mice, getting close to shed time?

jifslayer05
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey all, I've had my corn, Eve, for about 2 and a half weeks now. 3 days after I brought her home, I fed her and she willingly fed in front of me on a f/t pinky. 5 days later, I tried again, and there wasn't a thing I could do to get her interested in the food. So I held off for a few days and tried again, and again nothing. She isn't acting any different. She's active and roaming around at night. The temps in her cage look okay. As best I can tell somewhere around 85-88 on the warmest part of the warm side, and mid to upper 70's on the cool side, mostly cause it's summer. Could she be getting close to shedding? The pet store I got her from didn't keep records (wasn't expecting much there anyway), so I had no idea of her last feeding or shedding. I even read about snakes being constipated, cause I haven't noticed a bowel movement, so I tried soaking her in tepid water for a bit to see if anything passed. Today's cleaning day for the cage though so maybe I'll find it there. Any ideas or thoughts? She hasn't been in the "blue phase" as far as I know.

Should I try to do something else with the pinkies? I brained the last one to no luck, and I've switched suppliers. Is the next step lizard scent?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

cornsnakeforsale_com
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Seems a little early to worry too much. Tried putting her in a small container with the pinky overnight?

jifslayer05
07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I didn't keep her there overnight no, just for an hour or so. I'll try all night next time

jifslayer05
07-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Just an update, left Eve completely alone for the past week, adjusted the temps in her cage a few days ago (discovered that it was just a bit too warm). Put her in a margarine tub with holes poked in the lid with a pinky about an hour ago and opened it now and found a snake with a big lump in her. I'm thinking it was the temperatures? Anyway, just glad she ate lol.

Dorgrim
07-09-2010, 09:55 PM
yay!

yep! it could have been too warm. Leaving her alone was prolly a good idea too if it was stress :) im glad she ate!
happy dance!