PDA

View Full Version : Jump Start for reptiles ?

Jump Start for reptiles ?

Psychotic Serpents
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Someone asks me about this and I don't know anything about it. He has some cornsnakes that he can't get to eat. He done scenting with raw chicken or tuna juice , He's reheated the pinkies, put in a paper bag, left over night,brained, Just can't get to eat. Has anybody used this or is there something like it thats better.

Nanci
07-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I think Jump Start is meant to be a caloric supplement. I have never heard of scenting with it. If you want to tube feed the babies, you can grind up ferret food and make it into a slurry. I think Kathy Love sells kits on her site.

Other things to try for scenting are anole, Mediterranean gecko, mouse bedding, wash in Ivory soap, try just a head or a pink slit lengthwise, cooked chicken fat from KFC chicken, withhold water for a couple days then offer a very wet pink, live, holding the pink up to the snake's mouth till it gives in and bites, taking for a car ride, feeding on top of the washing machine while running, super-hot pink (dunk in boiling water), egg white, egg yolk, bird poo scenting...

Psychotic Serpents
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I didn't see them on kathy's site but would a pinkie pump work

Nanci
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I have heard of people using a pinky pump successfully.

Psychotic Serpents
07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
(pm sent )

kathylove
07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I used one of those high calorie cat and dog nutritional boosters once for a few snakes that wouldn't eat. I lost some of them. I think maybe it was too much for them and they couldn't handle it.

I do sell Connie Hurley's feeding tube kits. We just haven't gotten them posted on my site yet. They are really nice, with tubes, syringes, food, instructions with color photos - everything you need but the snake! They are $16.95 plus $3.95 postage.

ShenziSixaxis
07-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Also try hard boiled eggs. Some snakes seem to like those.